Chapter 12: The Dreamers

26th March, 2019

Ne Pas Casser, Rêver.

But you have been broken, because dreams were all that broke you. Then you came to kill your loneliness with strangers. You came to kill time with emptiness.

I remember those vibes, now which I'd call them sick and deranged, how then they would make my days and the rest of my unknown future.

Seldom you find the right within the wrong and the wrong within the right.

Her giggles echoed down through the empty hallways, as she twirled around in that sleeveless, pink-flamingo and silk dress that barely reached her knees as it flowed around. Her brunette hair flying too, and he was entranced, completely in love as he watched her dance and kept smiling through his chuckles.

I remember the dull aura, those ugly painted walls where I wouldn't dare mark anything on. Oh, they, all they made me think was of fear, imprisonment and cruelty.

This world makes you a monster when you are just a human and a human when you are a monster.

She took his hands in hers and dragged him to her, she leaned on him, he supported her weight, and he took slow steps backwards as her toes trailed along the wooden floor, forward until he lifted her up in his arms. He twirled her around, their gazes locked, her grin looked comely and his heart was stolen. Then they were each other's. Nothing else mattered to them. All long forgotten.

I remember those dark days, the very first ones, when my nights would be spent awake on unwanted regrets, misinterpreted tears and misunderstood pain.

Say it, admit it, we all are just humans, just sinned, just have given our hearts to the wrong hands and to the wrong places.

Taraa learned how to love a heart instead of a face but as of that moment she was lost within his charismatic charms, the defined features of his face, his squinty hazel eyes, his tall, quite broad figure hovering hers, and that thick, dark hair of his, which sometimes fell over his eyes if not brushed.

I remember those forevers spent in seconds, the most dreadful moments of my life, when I couldn't have thought outside the moment, when I had to live in the moment, when I have failed to sacrifice one for a whole, when I have lost the long run for just a moment.

The myriads of doubts, the oceans of questions, the loss of the dead, weren't it all transitory, yet it always felt like an eternity, the reality of it was just abominable.

They were a piece under that grand chandelier, around those dusted mirrors and the lone covered fixtures and in that magnificent empty hall. His hand in her hair and the other wrapped around her waist, while hers were perfectly secured around his neck.

I remember those sad winters, those which would be a reflection of me and everything around me. Frozen cold, unbreakable yet hollowed from within.

You can't. There's no point in giving you false hope, there's no jock or joke that can tell you whether you are right or wrong, whether it's acceptable or not. The evolution of time have ruined us.

Their hearts colliding against each, their breaths one, their skins a great combination, they lived in a moment yet it was of forever.

I remember those rainy evenings, the hurls and the cracks and the crashings and the pool of shards, glassed against the marbled floor. Never did I care of my bleeding heart, the one struck with the actual shards.

I'm sorry, even freedom is compromised. Once you are freed, the moment you have opened your wings, those that have been chained since the beginning, once you have flapped them up in the air, that's when you have lost all your freedom, you can be shot from any angle, at any point to the very aim of you.