Chapter 9: Unfinished Feelings

27th February, 2019

Second chances form the best stories ever.

She remembered staring at the ocean before her. The stale shades of black and white rotted her heart while the crisp of the cold wind caused her soul to fade along with it. There was this pain, she didn't know it could exist in such a fragile body like hers, there was this rage, she didn't know it could burn inside such a moist body like hers, there was this loss, she didn't know she was saving it up inside such an empty soul like hers. 

There are times when you would find yourself in agony, in complete emptiness where suddenly you become a total stranger to your own self. Do people really change? They do not. It's never about a hit point or a turning point and how the srory begins after a cause. People never change, it never was about changes. There's bad and good in everybody. Selfishness, pride, ego, jealousy, hatred it's all in them, their darkness. Some channel them out of ignorance and some choose not to as they get in control. All people . . . they will always commit mistakes, they keep swinging back and forth in different changes. That is how it flows. That's how it is.

Like how everybody keeps saying for the reckless troublemaker, He or she has a good heart, they never think the similar for the bright soul or the do-gooder of all times. That same do-gooder you think of as such an angel, could possess a dark heart, who could blind you with their goodness that would leave you no room to even think about darkness. But that's the problem isn't it? When you do good, people expect good? That you are to live up to people's expectations when you don't have to? That the world has created such a mental illness that we are supposed look at each other how everyone does? That we could never expect good from the bad and the bad from the good? But that's where we faulter every time. We do not realize that no soul was born evil, they were all pure until with time the world had changed them. So why can't the same world, the only world which caused the damage expect any good from them? What happened to second chances? Why isn't anyone writing a book about it?

Maybe Taraa wasn't Abed. No one expected anything bad from her. All they expected was good.

"Why exactly are you hiding this from Ameen?"

Taraa looked away, her blood steadily boiling underneath her skin.

"You knew I would find your weak point, in fact you wanted me to find exactly that, why?" Abed kept pushing, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"This is crazy!" She finally whispered.

"What is?" Abed clenched his jaw, half impressed by his sister and half annoyed that she wasn't being specific.

"You care?" Taraa spat.

"No, you played me. And even your husband or all of us. I don't care if this doesn't sound right coming out from me, but you should be ashamed of yourself." Abed carefully muttered, his deep voice calculating her.

"You are clever. Very clever. I always underestimated you, and I was mistaken. Who intends to change the blood matches, who sets one's own self as infertile. And oh, no you didn't  . . . you actually bribed the phlebotomist?" It was more of a statement.

"I'm glad you are surprised. So, is this what you wanted to confront me? Of course, bailing you out would be impossible for me. You know that alright." She paused to chuckle. "So, got what you wanted?"