Chapter 2: Take Me Back

5th October, 2018

Her silence was deeper than conversations.

"It's frustrating when you believe you can but all you need is a little push, a little head start. But then you turn around to find no one behind or beside you.

But what if that person to give you the head start or the push is irrelevant? Because what if the very push lies within your chest? The matter which has been pushing you forward towards the oblivious unknown and dreamed future is your heart ever since you breathed you first, only thing that you keep forgetting its essential existence! Funny because, how can you not when the world keeps coming between you and your heart?"

She paused to sip her warm milk.

"They say happiness is a choice. But how on earth could it be a choice when you haven't had the means to earn it or even deserve it. Happiness comes with great struggle and long periods of patience, it's not inferior nor it's a matter of timing. You cannot possibly choose to be happy when you are diagnosed with fear and guilt, you need companionship in time of voids and for the urge for to have a shoulder to lean on. I sat with loneliness long enough until it told me that it was temporal, though I miss it, I am still confused with the complex relationship between loneliness and companionship. It's bizarre as well as comforting, but I guess I'm still yearning to live my moments with a companion without any room for loneliness."

She finished, her head was leaned on Sara's shoulder.

"And you think I'm the one who exaggerates?" Her mother-in-law stated the question upon comprehending all what she had vented and raised a brow. 

"Never said that!" Taraa mumbled.

"I never said you did you say that, but I know you think that!"

Taraa went quiet, way too bored to keep up the flow of the conversation. After a while she began, "You could have pressured him more . . ."

"Regarding what?"

"Staying!"

"What's in it for you anyway? You'll get more space and freedom when you'd leave for his apartment!"  Sara stated, disappointed.

Taraa sat up straight and shifted forward on the couch, running her hands through her hair, she sighed, "Dear mother-in-law, why have you have raised such a boring son?" Her eyes were drooping while her voice was low and dulled.

"What am I supposed to do?!" Sara gave her a hopeless look.

"There's nothing you could do!" Came out Taraa's reply.

° ° °

It's glorious to imagine that how phases keep rolling along with time and how it distances between the aura.

In the logical sense, life is long. If time can have its time, you can have yours too.

Taraa got up from the couch to greet her father-in-law who just walked in the living room. Tiptoeing, she kissed him on top of his head as a sign of respect and lead him to the dining room.

If one were to reside inside her body, they would find her as a deaf. The world's invalidity were none of her business, though she seemed apathetic in people's perception, she was the most empathetic one to exist.
B

ut, no one noticed and everyone was a tad bit apathetic to realise. Even that, it didn't matter to her. The world owed her more than anyone and everything, the world owed her, her time, the world was forever in debited to her.