Chapter 10: You Are My Knot

11th March, 2019

Your faith coats your heart and that's how strength is formed.

Once upon a time, there she was and so was he. She stayed on the cliff while he was down in there, in the sea drowning into the lost, into death. Then the rest of the story was all about silence.

"Talk to me."

"I have nothing to talk about." She smiled.

"Yes, you do. We all do. Just tell me what's on your mind."

Taraa rolled her eyes. What the hell was wrong with this world?! "Well, doc . . it's funny that you are just pretending to care here when we both know that you don't. Not even a little. So, why don't we just skip this part so time can save us both. Hmm?"

The psychiatrist looked at her with wide eyes.

Taraa nodded, "Yes, I just need the prescription. The management told me that I needed to sit down with you first but I realised it was just a waste of time. So what's it gonna be?"

The doctor was perplexed.

"And I have a bus to catch, so if you could decide a little faster that would be really great!" Taraa grinned at her.

° ° °

She returned back to DC, taking the local bus which headed across their location to the apartment as she didn't want to face Aunt Esta.

She was gone for three days. And it had been the most peaceful days in a long time for her.

As she stepped in, she didn't find him. Nothing unexpected. After showering, grabbing some of the leftovers from the fridge, she decided to take a nap.

When she passed by his study, something told her to go check in. Ameen's laptop was open, but the screen was off. She was tempted to go through it.

But, before she scanned the room and the table, which was packed with files, documents and research cases. She made a face, bloody doctor!

As  she was about to touch open the laptop, a voice stopped her. She instantly looked up.

Ameen.

"You don't always do that, do you?"

Taraa rolled her eyes, "I wasn't sneaking up on you. I was just wandering around."

"This is not a place to wander about. Not that I mind, but." Ameen said.

Taraa loved it when he was being obvious. "Since you don't mind it, I am allowed to wander then!"

Ameen chuckled, "Whatever. When did you come back?"

"An hour ago or two." She softly replied.

"I see!" He strode towards her and she got up. As she was about to disappear from his sight and his study, Ameen caught her arm. Taraa raised her brows.

"There was no friend in New York, was there?"

She sighed, "There was. I just didn't meet her."

"Then, why did you go there?"

"Because I had something else to get!" She slowly worded.

"Which was?" Ameen questioned back.