Chapter 11: Twilights & Fallen Ships

22nd March, 2019

So she rebuilt all her sunken ships when she polished her heart by repenting to Ar-Raheem.

The rise sometimes begins with a fall, the light sometimes reflects for the dark, the weak sometimes finds the strength on knees. Never curse what takes place. The balance is already stored, it's all written.

Break yourself if you are filled with those mountainous pride, only your true strength can break it down for every another breath could be your last and in the end it's the earth that will eat up your ashes, not the skies or the stars you thought your pride could have taken you to.

Sometimes mending the broken requires time, sometimes when you have fallen, when you have hit rock bottom, you rush to the idea of getting up again and forget that the ground is where humility lives. You refuse to accept the fall, nor wanting to take it or wanting to live it or even breathing it in. You don't want anything to do with it because you haven't expected the fall.

You are just so sunken and stuck on the ocean floor.

So as Ibn ul Qayyim said, "Satan rejoiced when Adam ( peace be upon him) came out of paradise, but he did not know that when a diver sinks into the sea, he collects pearls and then rises again."

When the tyranny of this world enslaves you, when matters unfold in the ugliest of ways, you don't get to blame the world, or the time or Allah's plans for your misery. Sometimes you don't deserve to be blamed even by yourself, whilst held imprisoned by the dungeon of the nafs or your loss, you have to rise up to the surface of the ocean. You have to regain your strength to swim past the crushing waves because you need the air above them. Because, you are mistaken, you aren't realising the bigger picture; time.

When time was the only factor that gave you the most of someone before, when now it's the only matter causing you grief, when then it's only a matter of time before you reach your destination, before the reunion, when it will be the one to narrate to your Maker about you, then there's is definitely no point in being stuck with the floor.

The bigger picture is, what you are failing to see as, you get lost into the little things, those which technically are irrelevant, but mostly because you make it relevant, the idea of it, the fantasy of it, the impossibility of it, they get to you. It's all that.

The bigger picture is, the afterlife. When Allah warned us, told us what was coming, when he had already proven to us through His words, we didn't give heed, we haven't bothered about it. He clearly told us to be ready, to be prepared, but we, we knew it, we have been reminded time and again, but we went about making our own probability of scales, our own readymade future and those never-ending bucket lists.

And when things double cross, when they afflict and take a twist of turn, we relapse, it strucks us as if we haven't seen it coming though we knew.

The bigger picture is, we get way too attached to the little things that we forget that when matters change, it's not the end. What's the end is the bigger picture.

When you look at the stars, the moon or the sun. When those crepuscular rays just makes everything perfect, we lose ourselves in them. Admiring Allah's beauty or His creations is one thing and depending or being consumed by them is a whole another story.

The sun and the moon? The twilights? The starry skies?

They are all disappointments. They set, they disappear, they never promised us anything, they are never with us all the time like Allah, Al-Baseer is.