Chapter 45: Tokyo Skytree

{ AN: Tokyo Skytree: the tallest structure in Japan located in Tokyo, standing at 634 meters (2080 feet.) }

Thank you so much for 5k! I'm going to faint of happiness I swear to the heavens.

[Lev Haiba is mentioned, sorry to all those who don't read the manga! Just check out his wiki page if you want to know more about him.]

----------------------

Ayame's POV:

"Oh man! Oh man! Leaving in the dead of night is so exciting!" The ginger squealed energetically, tightening his grip on his backpack.

"Must be nice to be so simple minded... being able to fall asleep anywhere and all that..." The blonde mumbled, yawning.

I rubbed my eyes, attempting to adjust my eyesight into the dimness. It was midnight, but we're about to depart for Tokyo, in our last, week long summer camp. Luckily, the coach was kind enough to let me bring Mallow along after a series of puppy eyes and bribing sake. [AN: Sake is a Japanese alcoholic drink.]

Before I stepped into the bus, someone grabbed my wrist to stop me. I turned my head to see who it is.

"I'm sorry for what happened the other day." Kageyama said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"That's right! Ya better apologize! Geez! Fighting in front of girls. Yachi was white as sheet!" Tanaka-senpai lectured, shameful to have such kouhais.

"And even going far as hurting our Ayame!" Noya-senpai added, making the setter feel more guilty.

"You know, an apology won't erase the bruise on my cheek." I retorted, pointing to the purple mark with my pointer finger. Fortunately, the purple pigmentation faded away a little after two days, but I won't let them off that easily.

"Hinata apologized earlier too. I just hope you found a way for you two to work it out. Besides..." A smirk grew on my face as I whipped out my phone, opening the messages Oikawa sent me. Tapped on the picture for full view. The setter's reaction was simply priceless.

"I have this. Why are you bowing to that guy? You look so constipated." I said, trying to stiffle out my laughter. His face grew red from embarrassment, though I cannot see it very well due to the darkness, how unfortunate.

"D-DELETE THAT!!" He demanded, trying to snatch the phone away, which I evaded by a fraction of a second.

"Never. Don't worry, I won't send it to Tsukishima." I comforted sarcastically before entering the bus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun rose, making the once dark skies into a warm hue of orange and bright yellows. After a long, tiring drive to Tokyo, I stretched my arms out, clutching the pillow I brought for the bus trip. Lucky Mallow, who was able to fall asleep so easily in during the bumpy, snore-infested ride. I walked slowly right beside Yachi, who seemed to have gotten a good dose of sleep too.

Hinata, who was already getting pumped up at six in the morning, pointed to a steel tower in awe. "Ah! Is that the Tokyo Skytree over there?!"

Kenma corrected, embarrassed for the ginger, "that's...that's a normal steel tower..." Making the other Nekoma team members snicker.

Kuroo turned to our captain with an amused expression as he chuckled, "what, you guys don't have steel towers in Miyagi? That conversation's giving me deja vu."

Daichi defended, "the steel towers in Tokyo all look like Tokyo Skytree to us country folk, okay?!"

That was when my phone emitted a tune. Sighing, I answered the call.

"Did you get there safely?! Are you alright?!" A voice on the other side said, paranoid.

"Nii, I'm fine. I got here safe and sound. Not a scratch." I reassured, yawning.

"You wouldn't have gotten hurt if you just accepted to be our manager! Look at you now!"

"I told you no already. I don't want to be Shiratorizawa's manager and that's final. It's just a bruise, calm down." I retorted. But before he could reason with me, I ended the call.

Yamaguchi looked at me at disbelief, "he asked you to be their manager?!"

"He's been bugging me about it since we crossed paths at InterHigh, and after hearing about me getting a small bruise, he just lost it." I sighed as pushed up my glasses.

Tsukishima smirked mockingly at Kageyama, "would you look at that? He's literally begging for her to join a prestigous school you can't get accepted at, only for her to reject it."

"TSUKISHIMA YOU LITTLE ---" but before he could finish his sentence, the blonde put on his headphones, though it's not on play, Kageyama thought it was. So he just grumbled to himself on our way to Shinzen Private High School. An extremely tall boy, even taller that Tsukishima, popped right in front of Hinata. He possessed light hair, similarly to Suga, but is neatly parted to the side, looking energetic and eager.

He greeted the ginger excitedly, "DID YOU GROW AT ALL?!"

"Lev, you're too loud." Kenma scolded.

"That was rude right from the get-go..." Hinata replied with a gloomy tone.

"I grew two millimeters! In two weeks!" Lev bragged. I looked up to see his face, almost straining my neck.

"...tall." I mumbled quietly, but he seemed to have heard it, so he turned his head to me.

"Huwoh! So short!" He said in astonishment as he patted my head. Irked, I kicked his legs with full force, sending him on his knees. Kuroo and Tsukishima snickered at the sight of the pained boy.

"You're just like Yaku..." Lev sulked as he stood back up. I pointed at the him accusingly and said in the most straightforward fashion.

"I think I found the Tokyo Skytree." Making Nekoma's captain laugh even harder to the point that tears started forming in the corner of his eyes.