Chapter 62: My Idiotic Brother

An orange blur. That's all you see whenever Hinata is at his top speed, sprinting in zig zags across one side of the court to the other as he yelled for a toss. Every player were moving at once, approaching the net at different tempos before Noya tosses the ball to Kageyama, who slammed it down directly at the corner, barely making it in.

"C-Cool...! Everyone was moving at once!" Yachi said in awe to the ginger, who jumped up and down excitedly.

"I know right?! It was like zoom! And then it goes ka-pow!" He exclaimed.

"Zoom...?" Ayame looked at the two teens jumping, confused.

"Ka-pow...?" Her freckled friend added.

"Speak Japanese." The blonde said sarcastically, stifling out his snickers.

"How was that?" Kageyama asked the girl for feedback, who flipped open the notebook, reviewing her notes before speaking.

"Thanks to Noya-senpai's upper hand toss, we can have more variety in our attacks. Also, we can put your accurate spikes in use. It was cleanly executed too." After shutting the notebook close, she held her hand up to the setter, who just raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"It's a highfive, ever heard of that?" She said with a hint of sarcasm, waving hand impatiently. The setter, lifted his hand up, awkwardly slapping his hand against hers, which earned the attention of the other players. Next, she highfived the ginger, then the three third years, exchanging quick compliments like 'nice one'.

"Your hand is so soft...!" Hinata said in awe.

"I see why it bruises so easily." The setter added, staring at his own hand he used for the high-five, flexing his fingers.

She narrowed her eyes at him before heading over to the two second years, "well sorry, my hand doesn't form callouses, beach volleyballs are much softer."

"Noya-san! Our maiden is giving out highfives!!" Tanaka said, giving his friend a shake on the shoulders.

"We must take this chance!" The libero screeched, fire burning in his eyes as they both held their hand up with the girl approaching their way.

"Nice toss." She complimented with a blank face, giving the two a highfive simultaneously by using both of her hands. The two swooned, clenching their their chests as the girl saved the most dreaded high five for last. A small smirk formed on the blonde's face as she headed his direction - that goddamn attractive smirk that makes her face heat up (she kept insisting that it was due to irritation).

When she reached the blonde, he held his hand up, just a little out of her reach. Her eye twitched in annoyance as she went on her tip toes, missing his palm by a centimeter. She tried again, this time she jumped, but he swiftly avoided her hand, raising it higher.

"It's your fault for being so short." He said in a teasing tone, lowering his hand a little to taunt her. His girlfriend huffed before her lips pursed slightly, pouting at the blonde. The two second years witnessed this, making them shed a tear comically. Though the blonde kept a straight faced exterior, he swore heart skipped a beat. He hates to admit it, but she looked unbearably adorable when she pouts.

He sighed, reluctantly surrendering to her as he lowered his hand to her eye level, "just this one time." A small, triumphant smile was on her face as she reached out her hand to him, only to be replaced with a scowl as he drew back his hand once more.

"TSUKISHIMA, YOU PEICE OF-"

"Aya-tan! Watch that mouth of yours!" A voice interrupted, coming from the entrance of the gym. Everyone whipped their heads in their direction to see two men: one possessed similar physical features as her, though his hair was in a light shade of blonde. The other was none other than Akiteru, grinning like a proud parent at his little brother. Her face immediately paled along with Tsukishima's, who slapped a hand over his face in embarassment. This isn't going to end so well.