Chapter 60: Pound Cakes and Towels

Ayame's POV:

"Noya-senpai, you need to be more careful." I sighed, crouching down on the gym floors as I mended the cuts and bruises of his left leg. Being a libero has to be the most brutal position in the court. I get that, but day by day, this guy keeps pushing himself too much, so I had thought of an idea that will make him think twice before being so reckless.

"But getting patched up by you is rewarding!" He said, dangling his other foot back and forth energetically like a child.

My eyes glinted with mischief as I pulled out the big guns, also known as a box of Hello Kitty band aids, making a couple of teammates stifle out a laugh in the distance. "Well then. I suppose you won't mind me using these, am I correct?"

"Not at all!" He said, not showing any signs of embarassment.

I feigned an sweet smile, over exaggerating the relief in my tone as I placed the last bandaid, which was lightly sprinkled with pink glitter. "Great! I bought them just for you."

The libero beamed gratefully at me, so I flashed him a thumbs up, signaling that he's ready to go.When he went back to resume his receiving practice with Yamaguchi's float serve, he was greeted his teammates stifling out their laughter.

"Nice band aids, Noya-san!" Tanaka complimented sarcastically, slapping his friend's back.

"It really fits your childish personality." Tsukishima added, using his hand to restrain his snickers.

"SHUT UP! THESE BANDAIDS EMBRACE MY MANLINESS!" He defended, puffing out his chest as he places the hands on his hips in a cocky manner.

"Very masculine indeed, Tsukishima." I agreed, though no sound escaped through the muffled laughter, my body shook from the amusement. That's when the ginger popped out of nowhere with Kageyama right behind him, startling me.

"Could you toss for us for a little after practice?" Hinata asked, giving me those puppy eyes, much to my dismay. Not giving into him this time. Nope.

"Sorry, but I have a shift after this." I said, waving them off dismissively. But the ginger is persistent, and he knew how to get what he wants. As expected, he dived down to my feet, attempting to grab ahold of my ankles and try to tickle me to surrender. Swiftly, I evaded his touch by a fraction of a second.

"Pleeeeeeease!" He pleaded as he remained on the floor.

"No."

"Can't you postpone it?" Kageyama asked.

"The King demands for a peasant to stay after practice, what do you think, Ayame?" Tsukishima taunted, riling up the setter.

"Nope. I need money to live, for I am nothing but a lowly peasant." I played along in with a tragic tone, patting the setter's back as I stole a quick glance at the blonde. He gave a subtle smirk in return.

"Ask Yachi, she's probably free for today." I added, giving the him one last pat on the back.

The setter considered my suggestion, dragging away his hyper companion by the collar as they headed in Yachi's direction.

...

...

Third Person POV:

As you may have probably guessed, there's no shift scheduled for her today. In fact, she asked a day off for this day in particular, which took her manager by surprise. It was a blistering hot day at Miyagi, as expected in the summer, but the urban side of the town was, as always, bustling with people. Being the type who loathed loud places, they decided to meet up at the old park, which was empty due to the fact that a new one that recently opened nearby.