Chapter 82: Three Words

There are many, many errands to do.

Tsukishima stared at his book with a bored expression, taking discreet peeks at the girl, who sat on the plush carpet as she continued to unpack her belongings from the fat luggage. Her apartment looked roomier without half of the furniture, which was all stored in the walk in closet. There was only the sofa (thanks to the help of Tsukishima to help her pull it out). When he had thought they get to spend time together, this was not how he imagined it to be. He remained rested against the soft cushions of the sofa, repositioning himself as he spoke.

"You sure you don't need help?"

"Yes. Yes." She repeated with assurance. " I'm very certain. I just need to take out the cooking pot from closet, I'll do the rest for tomorrow."

Goddamn finally, Tsukishima thought.

After sweeping small particles dust off her shirt, the girl entered the walk in closet to see the obstacles that lay ahead her. Furnitures were piled high, unable to see the cooking pot in all this mess. Although the walk in closet was narrow, the ceiling was high enough to store the furniture in an untidy, and quite frankly, dangerous fashion.

A small sliver of metal reflected the dull glow of the lightbulb - ah... there it is. The pot's rim and handle protruded from the cardboard box, which was placed nicely on the highest shelf. There were four levels of it - the box being on the topmost level. Of course, with Tsukishima's help, acquiring this hunk of metal would be accomplished without any chance of injuries.

Of course, Ayame being Ayame, would do no such thing.

With a determined huff of breath, she climbed onto the shelf as if it were a ladder. So far, so good... The wooden shelf creaked slightly, causing the girl to grimace and freeze before placing her weight on her left foot. On her third level now... and with just one more step, she can reach the box.

This, however, has got to be the poorest thought out plan she had ever had in her life. So much for being a strategist. There it is...The box, completely within her reach. If only she can actually grab ahold of the fucking box without falling down - since both are used to keep herself from falling. This means sacrifice, it's just a couple feet off the floor, right?

She must've underestimated the height, because the impact of her body hitting the floor and the (fairly heavy) box landing straight onto her stomach squeezed the air out of her lungs with a breathless 'oof!'. A loud thud resounded along with the loud clanging of the pot hitting the floor.

At the sound, Tsukishima shuts his book close - that loud sound must've hurt a lot, whatever it was. He yelled through the thin walls dividing him and the girl. "Are you okay there?"

Even with all the pain in the world, she managed to grunt with the little air she has, "yeah, yeah I'm fine."

The soft groaning and breathlessness in her speech said otherwise, earning a heavy sigh from Tsukishima as he headed towards the closet and creaked it open. His unamused expression did not change, knowing well that this girl always meant trouble and injury.

Ayame gave him a sheepish smile as she was squished by boxes along with some rubbish, "the... the floor looked nice, so I decided to lay down."

Tsukishima smirked knowingly. "Comfortable with all those boxes, yes?"

"Very cozy, indeed." She replied sarcastically, slowly regaining her breath. Thanks to Tsukishima, he lifted the box that constricted her breathing.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, whatever." He said. Narrowing his eyes on her, he said in an assertive, assuring tone. "Repeat after me: It's okay to ask for help."

Like a child, she repeated his words with matching beat sardonically. "It's okay to ask for help. Happy?"