Chapter 54: Headcannons [Extra]

I saw this really cool thing on tumblr where there were a series of random information regarding a character, so I thought I could share some fun facts about Ayame. You don't have to read it though! I just thought it would be enjoyable for me to write this.

- Sleep Headcannon

Her regular 'bedtime' would be somewhere around ten or eleven. Ayame would read an article of writing (whether it's a novel or her school notes) an hour prior to sleeping. Her most comfortable sleeping position would be curled up, also commonly known as the 'fetal position'. Before joining Karasuno's Volleyball Club, she would receive 2-4 hours of sleep due to the reoccurring nightmares about her father. Once she joined the club and as time went, it gradually increased to 5-7 hours. She is quite a morning person, waking up fairly early even in the weekends, but she doesn't talk as much in the morning.

However, she would still get nightmares from time to time, and not to mention Oikawa calling her at three in the morning telling her a pick up line or two, much to her annoyance (though she would lazily chuckle at his futile attempts in wooing her)

- Sad Headcanon

She's typically the girl who let's her feelings bottle up and releasing it in a private place. She definitely hates it when someone sees her at her weakest: when her lips start quivering, or her throat constricting on her, and many other signs. Not many things can push her over the edge other than her past, so she rarely ever cries. But when she does, it's silent sobbing. Petting Mallow is a great stress reliever for her.

She recovers pretty fast from crying though. After two hours or so, her face returns to normal as if nothing really happened. Her eyes that were puffed up from crying, or the inflammation (and clogging) of the nose fades away quickly.

- Happy Headcanon

Whether it's payday or a nice sale on the market, you could tell that she was in a good mood. Though her face remained stoic most of the time, you could tell by the pleasant aura surrounding her. She would also be a bit more tolerant with the two second years, and play along with Tsukishima's and Yamaguchi's insults more often. Periodically, she softly hums songs to herself, and maybe even singing a little bit louder whenever she's in the shower.

- Angry/Violent Headcanon

From past experiences, she learned not to take her frustrations out on other people. She knew how it felt to be victimized, beaten up physically and psychologically for something that she wasn't in control of. Ayame had a past of depression, as shown to have self harm scars in one of the earlier chapters. She would lash out her frustrations to herself, rather than taking it out on anyone.

She got suggestions from Suga to punch an inanimate object to let off steam rather than hurting yourself, which really did help reduce her attempts in self harming. Though in tough situations, loud thunderstorms, anxiety attacks and nightmares, she can't help herself but give in, as it helps her calm down. That's why she planned on earning herself enough money to purchase a punching bag in order to put her bad habits to a stop.

- Romantic Headcanon

Ayame in particular, is really not the kind to show public affection unless the other person initiates it first. If she were ever to get a boyfriend, she would go as far as maybe holding hands or a peck on the cheek. She would be the type that loves to cuddle with her partner, especially on rainy days or stormy days. She would try her best to keep her cool, though she would get caught off guard at times by their sweet words or actions, making her stutter like an idiot. In dates, she would prefer to share the payment equally, 'half-sies' or whatever it's called.

🍛 - Cooking/Food Headcanon

She has trained to eat her meal with table manners. Unfortunately, she rarely eats finger foods as a child, so eating popsicles is a mess. (She has sensitive teeth, so she can't bite on cold sweets, but rather licks it slowly, making them melt in her hands.)

Cooking for herself used to be a huge hurdle for her, as she always had (top notch) chefs cook her meals as a child. But with a few lessons from Tachibana, she was able to provide herself some decent dishes. Eventually, she grew to be quite good at cooking, inviting her manager over whenever she's proud or her newly executed dish.

Baking sweets, however, is a nightmare for her. She finds it too rigorous, complex, and pricey: taking four attempts or so to make a decent cake. She would rather much purchase a slice of cake at the cafe in order to indulge in her sweet cravings. As you may all know, she has a weakness for sweets, so it is typically used by Coach Ukai in bribing to assist him in strategizing.

☼ - Appearance Headcanon

She wouldn't be so picky in wearing clothes, wearing whatever she first sees in her closet. Typically, Tachibana would nag at her for wearing more feminine clothes and forcing it on her, she would protest against it at first, but knowing that the girl is persistent, she would sigh and give in.

Ever since she bumped into her brother, he would send her casual designer dresses that her mom bought her, much to her dismay. She would keep telling him to stop showering her with gifts, since that was not the reason as to why she wanted to see him again.

In times of just going outside and buying some groceries, she would wear the most comfortable clothing she can. Sweatpants or some shorts that gives the girl mobility and doesn't restrict her movements is her main concern.

🎶- Quirks/Hobbies Headcanon

Being a daughter of a famous recording company, she had been immersed in a world full of music as a child. She would sing in the shower, replacing lyrics she'd forgotten with 'lalala'. Her voice in particular isn't an outrageously loud powerhouse you hear in today's pop songs, but rather soft and hearty. She's pretty open minded with her taste in music, willing to try other genres (for example she's learned to appreciate techno music and dubstep because of Tsukishima).

Also, she's really bad at rapping. She can't rap (even the slowest type of rapping) to save her life. It seemed like an extremely difficult game of tongue twister to her, and Tsukishima would sometimes poke fun of her for that.

"You might choke on your tongue if you keep this up." And many other snarky remarks.

She also has a strong interest in the subject of science and history, particularly things that are yet to be discovered. (Prehistoric animals, uncovered sea creatures, space {she could go on and on about space and how amazing it is}) Unfortunately, no one shared her strong curiosity in those areas other than Tsukishima and Akiteru.

The two first years would get into deep, intellectual conversations about marine biology, stars, and dinosaurs and many other prehistoric animals, confusing the rest of the club members in whatever they're talking about.

One thing that is different between the two: Ayame believes in aliens and mermaids (providing her reasons that there is a whopping 95% of the earth's waters being unexplored and that technically we, humans, are aliens) Tsukishima laughs at her for her silliness and that she's been reading too much science fiction novels. He can't simply believe a ghost-fearing person in her arguments that such things actually exist.

"I'm a rank higher than you, so I know what I'm talking about." He would say to her to pull her strings whenever she tries to convince him otherwise.

Oh my lord that was really fun to write. Thank you guys so much for 11k! I really appreciate it!