Chapter 57: Say Ahh

Thank you for 14K! One thousand views in a day... This is surreal yo.

...

"Ayame! We missed you!!" Hinata exclaimed, tackling me to a hug. I tensed up at first, then chuckled softly as I patted his back.

"I was gone for a day..." I said, slightly amused by Hinata's clingy personality. Luckily, Kageyama was there to drag him away by the collar.

"What happened to your elbows?!" Yachi said, horrified as she pointed at my scratches.

"Assikawa-san's fangirls happened." I said, taking a glance at the injury which was patched up with band aids.

"How was Oikawa-san?" The setter said with a hint of uneasiness in his tone. Which I find understandable, since he lost to him in the setter showdown from the last official match. How do I say this in the most truthful way without putting unnecessary pressure on him?

"He played alongside the college team and was able to draw out their best during practice. Apparently, those college players only started competing with them recently..." I gulped nervously as I continued my report. "To be able to do that in such a short period of time..."

He must've noticed the uncomfortable tone in my voice, because he patted my head awkwardly. I forced out a weak laugh in return.

"It doesn't matter if we're going to defeat them, right?!" The ginger interrupted, startling the setter as he retracted his hand instinctively.

"Sure." I said, smiling slightly because of his burning determination to win. Surprisingly, I have higher hopes for Spring High. Everyone is nurturing, improving little by little everyday. It shows in my daily quick scan, keeping track of their physical statuses in my notebook.

It seems that everyone is in good shape today. My eyes wandered around the gym, looking each players' practicing individually or in pairs: Asahi fine-tuning his jump serve, Noya working on an overhand toss with his other second year companion, Captain and Suga-senpai studying my notebook full of offensive patterns, Hinata and Kageyama increasing the success rate of their newly formed oddball quick, Yamaguchi practicing his jump float serve.

Wait a second...

"Where's Tsukishima?" I asked, continuing to search for the tall blonde.

Kageyama smiled in a malicious manner, making the hairs on the back of my neck rise. "He's sick, so he can't come today."

I cursed under my breath, feeling an eerily calm yet murderous aura surround me."...getting sick and missing practice the week before the Spring High... I won't let him get off so easily." I said grimly, making Hinata's face turn pale.

"Wh-why not pay him a visit...?" Yachi stuttered, trying to calm me down. I groaned as a reply. Now that you mentioned it, he did pay me a visit that time I was sick. The least I could do is return the favor.

Great. Now I need to nurse another troublesome boy.

...

Third Person POV:

Lightly, the raven haired girl knocked on the door of the Tsukishima residence, with a bag full of vegetables in her grasp. Luckily, Ayame was a patient girl, so she just occupied herself by going over her notebook, drifting off to a world full of attack patterns. After waiting for a couple of minutes, the door finally opened to reveal the blonde, who seemed to be in worse shape than the last time she visited. His dark eye bags and clogged nose points it out. Admittedly, he was pleasantly surprised by her visit, though his grumpy exterior didn't let that show through.