Chapter 35: Teach Us!

Third Person POV:

It was eight at night, practice was over, but rigorous training is only getting started for the four failing students. The rest of the club members changed back to their school uniforms back at the club room as the the four students are driven by fear to study, sitting up straight. The captain spoke authoritatively - well more like threateningly.

"Firstly, you will all, without question, abide by this rule: no sleeping in class!!" The third years exchanged pitiful glances, so that's how it is...

Suga stated the scariest threat in the most cheerful manner, "Well, you better be ready for a world of hurt if you sleep during class."

The smarter lot of first years smirked in their direction, mocking them. "We're leaving now." But just before Tsukishima reached for the door handle, a light knock was heard. The door creaked open to a girl holding up a sweaty sock -the other one missing.

"You guys can dump all your dirty clothes in the club room all you want, just not at the gym." She said as calmly as she can, yet you can hear a hint of disgust in her tone. She hurled the sock, aiming for Tanaka's face, who is wearing the other matching sock. Bullseye.

"Nice aim." Tsukishima snickered along with Yamaguchi. Tanaka would've strangled those two if he wasn't under the Captains' radar.

"It's getting dark. I gotta go."

"Ayame, do you wanna walk home with us?" Yamaguchi invited.

"Sure." She turned to the four club members, pitiful. "You'll be in my prayers." They nodded, their eyes reflecting a sorrowful message: save us.

And with that they left the club room and walked down the rural, quiet streets. Their houses are fairly far away from each other, so after a few turns, Ayame has to part ways with the two first years. But before she waved goodbye, they all heard someone shout from behind, startling all of them.

"TSUKISHIMA!! AYAME!! TEACH US!" They all turned around to see Hinata walking his bike, with Kageyama trailing behind him.

Tsukishima flat out refused. "Huh? I don't wanna though."

"For like ten to twenty minutes a day! Or even just giving us some good studying methods would be fine!" The ginger pleaded.

We need these two idiots to pass. Ayame sighed, hesitantly she offered, "I can help you guys if you-"

"Y-YES!" THANK YOU, AYAME!! YOU SAVED US!!" Hinata and Kageyama celebrated, while Tsukishima shot her a why-the-hell-did-you-do-that glare. He cursed under his breath and rubbed his temples.

"Fine. I'll tutor you," His expression turned from annoyed to mischievous, his lips curving into a smirk as he stared at the raven haired setter, "but it's pretty cowardly to let the short guy do all the asking, wouldn't you say? Tall guy beside him."

Kageyama gritted his teeth, fuming. Body shaking from irritation, he muttered, "...please...teach us..." The blonde, who is clearly enjoying the moment, held his hand up his ear and spoke in a mocking manner.

"Come again?"

Kageyama's fuse came to an end and finally yelled at the top of his lungs, making everyone flinch. "PLEASE TEACH US DAMMITT!!"

The situation only got worse, however. A man in his mid thirties slid the door open from across the street, with a furious look on his face. 

"SHUT UP, YOU LOT! YOU'RE BOTHERING THE NEIGHBORS!!" After that he slammed the door close. Hinata looked at the girl with pleading eyes.

"Can you teach us right now?"

"But it's late. Unless you guys can stay over at my place, then -" 

"Y-Yes!" 

"HA?! You're letting those two sleep in?!" Yamaguchi and Tsukishima yelled in disbelief, only to be shushed by her. 

"We need them to pass. Besides, tomorrow's Saturday, no need to wake up early for school." She turned to the her two new students. "Let's go?"

Tsukishima needs to think of an excuse, quick. 

"I'm going too then. It's better to be tutored by me instead of Miss Rank Number Seven."  The girl glared at him, but then sighed. He made a good point. 

Ayame turned to the freckled boy, "Yamaguchi, do you wanna join us?"  He responded with a nod. 

As they walked to the apartment complex, Tsukishima brought up a point that made Kageyama shudder in horror.

"Mallow will make sure you guys are paying attention, am I right, Ayame?"