1.75 | loving you.

I loved you so muchI forgot what hating myselfhad felt like

I loved you so much
I forgot what hating myself
had felt like.

I poured in so much
of my love into you
and then you left,
all grown up.

I poured and poured
my knowledge, my love
and most importantly
I poured my heart
into bringing you up

and now I felt
like I'd used all the love
in my body without you here,
I'd felt empty.

how much
pain and misery
I'd gone through
had been forgotten

But now that you
we're all grown up
and moving out
of my little house,
I realised I was

loving you
more than I loved myself,
that I forgot how much I
hated myself

---
I ended the book on this type of poem. I just felt- our parents do do a lot for us, and no matter how angry they get at us, no matter how made we get at them, we still love each other.

they gave up time that they could use to get 'rich' to bring us up the best they could and wished for us the things they couldn't have had or have achieved. we should appreciate them. sure, we don't always see eye to eye, but life is short- as cliche as it may sound. you never know when a person is to depart, that's only for Allah, for God, for Buddha, for what you believe in as being the Almighty, to know. so cherish what you have now. "you never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."

After that, I'd just like to make clear of the context of this poem here, like the background information. This poem is talking about a girl who was raped at the age of nineteen- she'd just got into a break up a couple of days ago and then the rapist found her. This poem talks about how she couldn't bring herself to forgive herself, accept herself and talks about how she loved her child more than she loved herself. This is why you should respect your parents, because I'm sure they'd do anything for you. Some just have other ways of showing it.

✨💕