Before it Gets Better

~Annabeth's POV~

I study myself in the mirror. My straight, dark brown hair is way past my shoulders, and my green eyes seem to glow in the sunlight. I slip out of my pajamas and into my black and navy blue blink-182 shirt, with black leggings and white converse. I glance at the boxes around my room. Well, my old room now I guess.

"Anna!" My older sister Becca yells. from downstairs. "The moving truck will be here soon!"

"Okay!" I yell back, just as loud.

My nickname is Anna, which i like  better than my actual name, Annabeth. We're moving to South Carolina and I don't really know how to feel about that... On one hand it's great to get away from all the mean people and start over, but then again I have family and a couple great friends here. I take a look out the window and study my backyard. I really am going to miss it... The sound of a box falling over knocks me back into reality. I quickly pick up the things and shove them into the box. Then I start bringing them all outside, for the truck to pick up. 10 minutes later I finish and go back up to my room. I take one final look around before whispering "goodbye" as I close the door for the last time.

My dad is going in the truck with the movers, and they are going to follow my mom, Becca and I to the house. Oh joy! A 10 hour drive...

I remember getting in the car, turning on my music with my headphones in, and closing my eyes. When I wake up we're here. I sit straight up, craning my neck to get a view of the house. My mouth opens.. It's beautiful! Even better in person. The huge front windows are partially covered by huge flowering trees. The actual house is a grayish stone. I can't wait to get inside! I run in, amazed by what I see. Everything looks so new. I sprint up the stairs and into my new room. Again, it's even better than the picture online! I can tell this was going to be a fun new life. Everyone unpacks most of their stuff, except becca who claims she's too tired and and makes me do it for her. Whatever, Im still really excited!

School starts in a week, so Im also super nervous... But I'll probably be fine. I just need to quickly make some friends. I want to explore the town, meet some new people.

"Mom, I'm going out." I announce, trying to leave without a big deal.

"Ohhh, hold on Anna!" She replies "Where exactly are you going?"

"Just into town, mom.. I have my phone and I'll be back by 8." I mumble.

"Okay. Be careful." She sighs.

I run out onto the sidewalk and try to remember the map on the computer... Finally I get into town, stopping as I see a group of kids who look to be about my age. I hide behind the bushes (classy, I know). There are about 5 boys, and 4 girls. One boy stands out to me though. He isn't really paying attention to them and he looks bored. He's wearing black skinny jeans and a black shirt that says something, but I can't make out the words. He is actually pretty cute from what I can see. He slowly slips away from the group, and into a music store. I quickly walk over and go inside the store too. Yes I'm spying. So what? As long as he doesn't catch me, I'm fine. He walks over to a red bass guitar and starts playing. Wow! He's really good. I recognize the tune as "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day and start singing along, quietly. He suddenly stops playing but I finish the verse. Shoot, he heard me. He turns around, looking confused at first, but he grins when he sees me.

"Hey, I'm pete" He grins.

Authors note:
Hey guys! Im looking back and re-editing every chapter! (cringes) but im also going to be adding pictures for better visuals. So Anna's new house is included in the sidebar! It's v photoshopped because I couldn't find a house that fit the description, but it works now. Hope you keep reading!
xoxo
anna