Jake

"Kennedy wh-what are you doing here." I was scratching my head and looking around.

"I came down because of my grandmother. I knew you moved but I didn't know I would run into you." She giggled.

I laughed a little too then tried to walk off; I didn't want to do anything stupid. After all she was my ex-girlfriend, and we had amazing times together but some things happened between us.

"Wait whats your rush Jake? We have a lot to catch up on. You wanna go for ice cream...I'm buying" 

I turned towards her and looked down. I guess it'd be harmless to go for an ice cream. I went to check out and then followed Kennedy. She had to drive with me since her mom just dropped her off at the store. 

I drove to the closest Ben and Jerry's so I wouldn't have to sit in the car with her for a long time. I still had feelings for her but not as much as I had for Jennifer. I really wanted to be with her and I don't want Kennedy to be the reason I lose her. We got out the car and went inside. I just ordered a vanilla ice cream cone with Oreo cookies and She got this weird huge chocolate thing. We went and sat in some outside seats and started talking.

"So how do you like San Diego?" she asked 

"It has its perks" I smiled to myself thinking of Jennifer and pulled my phone out to text her.

Jacob: Hey babe whatcha dooooooiiiiiiinnnnnn.

I turned my phone off and watch as Kennedy silently ate her ice cream. 

"Anything new happen lately?"

I nodded and continued to eat my ice cream as well. She started playing with her ice cream then set it down on the table. 

"I never forgot about us you know" 

I looked up then looked off to the side. 

"Kennedy please don't do this"

"Do what? I'm just commanding my feelings for you Jake..."

"Well Kennedy I have a girlfriend. She's awesome, she's amazing, she's everything and she needs me as much as I need her. She makes me crazy but she just wants to be loved, and I want to love her."

"But I need you too Jacob! You remember everything we did together. The great times we had! You needed me way more than I needed you!" 

"Then why are you here!" I yelled

She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. My face was read and I was breathing deep I didn't know what to do. 

"Your girlfriend will never be me and you know it" she whispered.

I jumped out of my chair and threw my ice cream away. 

"You can call your mom to pick you up, just remember you cheated on me Kennedy. Okay? I did nothing wrong to you and you're right Jennifer will never be you because she's better" 

I walked towards my car and jumped in. I drove home in silence; no music, nothing. I could only hear myself breathe and the cars zooming past. When I got home I went straight to my room and stripped to my boxers. When I got in bed I still had no text from Jenni. she was probably sleep. I should be sleeping too. I turned on my radio and dosed off.