Jennifer

I saw Rachel pass Jacob a note. I rolled my eyes, Rachel was always trying to force herself into people's lives. I focused back on the notes in class and was relieved when the bell rang. I got up and walked toward the door. I waited for Jacob to come but when I looked back Rachel was standing, talking to him, flirting, flipping her hair. I took a deep breath and walked out the door. I stuck my headphones in my ears; Chandelier by Sia was on, it was my favorite song at the moment.

While I was walking up the stairs I felt someone pull on my arm. I turned and saw Jacob holding my arm. I took out my headphones out and glared at him.

"What do you want?" I spat.

He shook his head and walked beside me and hooked his arm in mine.

"Where is your class?"

I looked down at our linked arms and dragged him up the stairs. "301...English." He nodded then walked me to my class; before walking in he stopped me,

"Hey um there is a party tonight you should come with me."

I squinted my eyes in his direction,

"I don't think so." I said shaking my head.

I was about to walk in when he grabbed my arm and turned me around. I almost fell but he caught me in his arms.

"Just think about it, you deserve it. Prove to them you are not who they think you are, plus it might be fun" He said helping me up.

I snatched my arm away and turned towards my class. Before walking in Jacob grabbed my hand.

"Jennifer please"

I glanced back, "I don't have to prove shit to them." Jacob dropped my hand and his head dropped and I walked into class.

. . .

When class was almost over I felt really bad for treating Jacob so mean and rude. When the bell rung I was the first person out of class. I ran down the stairs to the second floor to try and find Jacob's class. When I saw him he walked out with Rachel; they were both smiling and laughing. My face flushed a deep red and I turned on my heel. I pulled my book bag straps closer to my body and tried to keep the tears from falling. I walked out the front of the building to my motorcycle. It was lunch time so my tears couldn't have come at a more perfect time. During lunch I would go to the beach and have my own little picnic. It helped me clear my thoughts and get away from all the people I was cooped up with for 7 hours of 5 days. I wiped my eyes then pulled on my helmet. I looked back at the school and watched Rachel and Jacob emerge from the front doors. Jacob looked at me then Rachel and before he could look back I jumped on the bike then rode off toward the beach.