A rather unsettling revelation

"If you think you'll be thriving with the nonsense you're up to, then let me tell you; you're very, very wrong." Severus said as he entered the classroom with a brisk pace.

"The holidays are just around the corner, but here..." He positioned himself behind his desk. "Here in my classroom you'll be working - until the last day of school, until the last lesson until the last ringing tone sounds!"

"Is this clear to you?" He asked, raising a challenging eyebrow.

All students sat straight in their seats and nodded in unison.

"Well, alright, then let's start."

After a brief and clear introduction to today's topic, Severus sank in his chair and let his gaze wander through the classroom. Then, when without exception, each student started working independently, he allowed himself to relax.

The past years had been rather chaotic and had flown by at a rapid pace. Yet, no matter what had happened in these years, nothing compared to the situation Severus encountered during the previous Easter holidays.

At each milestone he had taken with his family, Severus had left a note in the calendar, so he'd never forget a special day he and his family had shared. But he would never forget Saturday, March 27th. No marks in a calendar were needed to remind him of that day. It had been the day that had started like any other day, a day, that had once again proved to him that not all that glitters is gold. On March 27th, something in his life had changed drastically, that was the day when fears that he had tried to ignore for years had suddenly materialized right before his very eyes. This occasion however, had been a rare and rather unique incident that still caused Severus to shudder.

On that day, Christopher had revealed a side of him that had until then been unknown to them and despite Severus' and Michael's watchful eyes, had remained hidden from both of their perceptions. Reminiscing the events of that day did make Severus feel awkwardly fearful even though things were settled now and seemingly under control. Yet, the thought of what the future might hold for his son unsettled Severus until today.

So he decided that it was better to remember his little boy, who, on his fifth birthday, had poured salt into the tea that he'd served the Headmaster whom he had cordially invited for his birthday party, while bearing a loving smile upon his lips. His son, who, during his sixth winter had hidden Miss Norris in the dungeon so well, that Filch had only found her after several days' search. Severus chuckled as he thought of Filch's desperate face, when he had returned from the sewers where he had searched in vain for his damn cat.

He thought of the little boy who had driven Poppy to despair on a regular basis, by hiding her herbal supplies during her absence, or, even better, pouring out and mixing the precious herbs. Once she had caught the 'little villain', as she had called him ever since, when he was sitting in the middle of an herb mountain, throwing the herbs in the air while he cheered enthusiastically.

Madam Sprout on the other hand had a one time occurrence with young Christopher when he had walked into one of her greenhouses during her absence. What had exactly occurred on that day had remained a mystery for several years for Christopher hadn't spoken of it until recently. Fact was, the Venomous Tentacula was left dying, with her fangs and heads severed. The chastisement the boy had had to endure from Madam Sprout had been severe. Her threats of becoming his later Herbology teacher and maybe Head of House for who knew in which House he would be sorted - had frightened Christopher enough to keep him away from the greenhouses for good.

Severus preferred to think of Christopher as his naughty son a reputation that preceded the boy wherever he went. But Severus did not mind that. On the contrary, he considered it a great opportunity, for thus Christopher learned that one's actions could and would shape one's reputation. He secretly hoped, that this realization would help Christopher to become more selective in whom he pranked and whom he considered a friend.