About anger and endeavor

Snape was very upset when he burst into Dumbledore's office.

"She was tortured with the Cruciatus Curse." Snape's voice was desperate.

Albus could clearly see the suffering which Severus felt. He nodded slowly and leaned back in his chair.

"I know," he said quietly.

Snape's eyes widened dramatically.

"You've .... known about it," His voice was now filled with horror.

Dumbledore nodded and looked at Severus calmly.

Snape slapped his hands flat on Dumbledore's desk and leaned toward him. His face was twisted with rage.

"Since when? Since when did you know it," Snape's voice was filled with fury.

"Ever since the day when her parents had written me. They asked me to allow their daughter to study at Hogwarts. They wrote that Julie had been tortured and that they were looking for a new school for their daughter as soon as possible. After this incident, Miss Abbott was not going to complete her education," Dumbledore said factually.

"That was months before she came here," Snape yelled, "the sixth school year was far from over!"

Dumbledore nodded silently.

"Why did she come only now," Snape asked, trying hard to control his raging anger.

"Because I have not allowed it before," replied Dumbledore.

Snape's shocked face was quickly distorted with rage.

"Because you ... Because you have not allowed it before," Snape shouted at him in disbelief, "She has suffered there!"

Dumbledore nodded, "The boy had already been arrested. He was no longer in school and was thus no threat to Miss Abbott. There was no need for rash actions."

"Rash actions," Snape's face turned dark red with anger, "But the place was the same," Snape shouted contemptuously, "The people there were the same! Her memories were there! The memory of the pain and the suffering. You know as well as I do what it means! And she's still so young! Some wizards and witches have gone crazy by such circumstances! How could you? Who do you think you are?" Severus' eyes flashed angrily, while his voice was dripping with despair and anger.

Albus looked at him quietly.

"Severus, I know this. But believe me, I had my reasons," he said calmly.

Snape looked at him absolutely disgusted.

"Reasons? You had your reasons," he spat.

Snape wanted to tie Albus on a torture rack in the dungeon. His face muscles twitched dangerously as he frantically tried to control himself.

"Has Miss Abbott knowledge about this" Snape asked coldly, but his voice was trembling "Does she know, what you've done?"

Albus nodded "Yes, she knows about it. I think she's out of sorts with me," he said.

"Then it's no wonder that she does not trust anyone," Snape said reproachfully, "And you're partially responsible for that!"

"Does she trust you," Albus asked curiously.

Snape looked at him disapprovingly and backed away, "I do not know. Miss Abbott has told me what happened. But I do not know any details. Perhaps she trusts me a bit," Snape said thoughtfully.

Albus smiled at him.

"That's wonderful," said the Headmaster, "Be careful that you do not lose her trust."