We are Slytherin

- Two Years Later -

Christopher squirmed in his father's arms, but Severus did not bother to let him go. He only held him tighter to his chest before he threw him without warning back onto the bed. Christopher landed softly and cheered with pleasure before he stretched out his arms toward his father in a wordless request. Severus picked up his son, took a few steps back and threw him onto the bed again. Christopher giggled wildly and reached for his mother's small pillow that he threw at Severus. He missed his father drastically though Severus tried with utter sincerity to get hit. Chuckling, Severus picked up Julie's pillow to throw it back at his son but stopped and turned when Julie entered the bedroom.

Her eyes fell on their son, who now jumped on the bed and she placed her hands on her hips. Then her somewhat reproachful glance wandered to her husband, who returned her gaze innocently.

"He should go to sleep," Julie said calmly, shaking her head as Severus merely shrugged.

He pretended to throw her pillow back on the bed but hit Christopher right in the chest where he had meant to, who immediately fell over and laughed out loud before he scrambled back to his feet.

Julie took a deep breath, but she was hit by her pillow before she could say anything. This time, Christopher had hit the bull's eye.

"Mum! Muuuum!" He shouted happily, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Severus." Julie warned. "It is evening. How is Christopher supposed to sleep when he's so over the edge?" She asked and picked up her pillow from the floor and tucked it under her arm.

Severus grinned, glancing over at Christopher, who was now sitting with his arms outstretched at the edge of the bed, waiting for him. He went over and took his son in his arms.

"He is always like that when I come home in the evening." Severus explained innocently.

Julie shook her head and sighed. "Just because he knows how you will play with him. When Albus comes in, Christopher doesn't act that crazy." She reminded her husband.

"It's just that I only have time in the evening to play with him." Severus defended himself and Christopher cheered as Severus threw him back onto the bed. This time Christopher kicked his legs happily and rolled onto his stomach where he lay still.

"Why don't you just let us have some fun?" Severus inquired, turning his attention to his wife.

"He's doing it again." Julie observed as she watched Christopher crawl under the bed.

Severus grinned and knelt on the ground to watch his son.

"It's so funny." He commented Christopher's behavior, who now lay under the bed where he covered his eyes with his small hands, believing to be invisible.

Julie sighed but turned around with an amused smile on her lips before she left the bedroom to stir the potion she was preparing.

"Where are you?" Severus asked, getting up to walk around the bedroom.

Christopher chuckled and pressed his hands tighter over his eyes.

"Where are you? Aha, you're in the closet!" Severus said firmly, throwing open the door just to sigh loudly. "No, you're not in the closet! Christopher, where are you hiding?"

Christopher laughed out loud, crawled out from under the bed and stood in the corner where he covered his eyes again.

Severus laughed while he continued to search for his 'invisible' son.

It didn't take long for her two loved ones to join her. Severus carried his son in his arms and approached the table where Julie was working. Christopher's eyes widened to small saucers as he eyed the steaming cauldron with great interest.

"Surely, he too will become a potion master just like his father." Commented Julie amused as she slowly stirred the simmering substance.