Chapter 16 - A mistake is just another way of doing things.

Chapter 16 – A mistake is just another way of doing things.

Instead of thinking of a good thing to respond with, I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind. “How long have you been in love with me?” I asked quickly, looking up at him. Aren’t I classy?

For a moment or two, he just stared at me in shock. But I totally understand why he had to comprehend what I was saying. I mean, only stupid people like me begin asking questions when someone confesses to them, instead of saying those three little words back.

It’s not that I didn’t love him, too because I do, a lot. It’s just I have the tendency to think before I act and this just happens to be one of those moments.

He took a deep breath before speaking, locking his bright, ocean blue eyes with my emerald green ones. “I suppose I’ve been in love with you for a long time, Linx,” He began. “Probably since I first laid eyes on you. But I, myself, just realized it a few days ago.”

I nodded slowly, sliding out from under him and standing to my feet, dusting the sand off my dress and helping him to his feet. A small smirk appeared on my lips as I looked up at him. “So, how madly in love with me are you?” I asked, reaching up and playing with his perfectly-messy hair.

His signature smirk played on his soft, kissable lips as he looked back at me. “What’s with all the questions, Linx? Are you avoiding something?” He purred, leaning closer to my ear. “’Cause you might as well say it now to get it off your chest.”

I bit my lip hard, all my confidence suddenly disappearing into thin air as my face flushed the color of a tomato. Damn, he knows me better than I thought he did. “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” I countered, crossing my arms over my chest and looking away from him.

“We both know the truth, Linx, so just say it.” He urged, grabbing my chin and forcing me to look into those beautiful, blue eyes of his. My lips parted slightly, as if I was going to say something, but no words came out.

I took a deep breath, staring into his eyes and smiling slightly. “I love you, too, Rex,” I whispered softly, closing the short distance between our lips and kissing him with all the passion I had in my petite, little body.

As cliché as it probably sounds, I swear I felt sparks go off when I kissed Rex, the now-proclaimed love of my life.

His strong arms slithered around my waist, pulling my body as close to his as humanly possible. My hands made their way up his chest to the back of his neck, tangling my fingers into his raven-black hair.  Both of our eyes fluttered closed as we kissed there on the beautiful beach.

**

“I really did have a great time, Rex,” I said with a smile, giving his hand a small squeeze as we walked into the house. He closed the door behind us as I looked around, furrowing my eyebrows. “Hello? Anybody home?” I called, but received no respond in return. “I guess, we’re alone,” I said, glancing over at him as we both took off our shoes.

“Just the way I like it,” He purred, winking at me before leaning in and kissing me softly. I smiled into the kiss, making a note in my head that I could most definitely get used to kissing Rex all the time, if you know what I mean.

Suddenly, he picked me up bridal style, walking up the stairs easily with me in his arms. I felt nervousness build up in my stomach, when I thought of what we possibly would be headed upstairs for. And, let me tell you, I have never been nervous for that sort of thing ever, well, until now.

I reluctantly pulled my lips away from his, biting my lip lightly and blushing. “Rex, w-what are you planning on doing?” I stuttered, looking up at him with my blush darkening quite a bit.

He blinked innocently. “I thought we could take a bath together,” He said honestly as he came to a stop in the middle of the hallways, staring at me in confusion.

My mouth formed in ‘O’ as my blush darkened a hell of a lot more. I must be a pervert or something. I quickly snapped my mouth closed, looking down and smiling slightly. “Oh, okay,” I whispered softly. My eyes widened slight when I realized what I agreed to.

He smiled, kissing me on the forehead before walking into the bathroom, setting me on my feet gently. He closed the door behind us, locking it as well.

And that’s when the nerves really set in.

Casually, Rex slid off his blazer, hanging on the hook on the door and slowly unbuttoning his dress shirt. I lustfully watched him, gulping down the lump in my throat and quickly looking away. I closed my eyes, biting my lip and taking off my jacket.

I felt Rex’s gentle hands touched my back lightly as he slowly unzipped my dress for me. “Thank you,” I mumbled, slowly opening my eyes when I felt my dress fall to my feet. I took a deep breath, turning around to face and noticing he only took off his blazer and shirt so far.

I smiled a bit, kissing his chest softly and undoing his belt for him, unzipping his jeans and sliding his jeans off him. He smiled as well, pulling me up and kissing me happily. He put his hands on my hips, holding me close as he slowly slipped off my panties. I felt my body get all tingly and knew that this was just the beginning.

**

He chuckled softly, resting his arms on the edge of the tub and looking at me with so much love in those beautiful eyes that I fell in love it. “Gosh, I love you, Linx,” He said, leaning closer and pecking me on the lips.

I blushed a bit, tucking some hair behind my ear and smiling. “I love you, too, Rex,” I said softly, looking at the candle he had lit a few minutes ago. “This is nice,” I said mostly to myself, smiling.

“It is, indeed,” Rex nodded slowly, biting his lip lightly and glancing over at me, as if he wanted to say something.

I moved my gaze over to his face, trying so hard not to check him out and arching a brow at him. “Something wrong, Rex?” I asked, tilting my head to the side in confusion.

He nodded slowly again, taking a deep breath and looking into my eyes. “Linx, can I ask you something?” I nodded. “I know you had a little thing for Oliver,” I tried to denied it, but he just continued talking. “But did you do anything too serious with him?”

A giant lump formed in my throat and I felt as if the world had stopped and everything was crashing down on me.

I knew I regret some of the choices I have made in my life and sleeping with Oliver was one of them.  Though, I knew it was for the best since it pretty much ended whatever he had for me and it made me realize who I’ve been in love with all this time.

Sure, it took me forever and a half to realize I’ve been in love with Rex and that I’ve been denying it for quite some time. But Rex and I are somewhat together now and I don’t want to ruin this relationship. I mean, I love him, honestly I do.

“Of course not, Rex,” I lied through my teeth, faking a smile and kissing his cheek. “I’ve only kissed him, don’t worry.”

-----------A/N------------

I apologize for being FOUR days late. I'm so sorry, honestly. It's just...*excuse excuse excuse*

Anywhore, I really liked this chapter surprisingly. I think it has a wide vocabulary than usual so that makes me happy. Apparently, I'm getting smarter even durning the summer! c; LOL.

Just kidding! I'm not that spectacular, I think. LOL. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and it's going to be dedicated to LilStarryGal because she's been voting and commenting a lot. c:

I would really appreciate it if you people continued reading, voting, commenting, and fanning. Thank you. c:

Lovee,
Onyx Olivia.