Chapter 12 - Bite your lip and fake it, babe.

Chapter 12 – Bite your lip and fake it, babe.

When life gets hard, you take chances. When something in your life changes, you adapt. When you fall in love, you’re bound to get hurt; it’s probably like a proven fact. I don’t know how exactly I got on to this subject, but it’s all I’ve been able to think about for a while now. Why? I don’t even know.

I sighed heavily, staring up at the odd-looking, popcorn ceiling.  It’s funny how just about anything is entertaining when you’re bored. A screech erupted from the hallway, shifting my eyes to the door of my hospital room.

Suddenly, Oliver burst into my room, his bright blue eyes as wide as saucers. He looked shocked and a bit frightened by something. He had his cellphone in his hand, squeezing it so much it looked like it was about to break. His naturally pale skin seemed even more pale.

“Linx, h-he…” Oliver trailed off, obviously still in shock about whatever it was with his jaw slightly gaping open .

I sighed once again, closing my sparkling green eyes for a moment. “Stop trailing off,” I began, opening my eyes again and looking at him. “Now, what the hell are you talking about?”

He took a deep breath, looking at the square-tiled floor then back to me. “He’s back,” He gulped, holding his cell phone tighter. “Rex is back, Linx,”

**

You know that moment when you just can’t smiling and have absolutely no idea why? Yeah, that moment scares me, too. Especially since I’m not the type of person that goes around smiling like a goof.

Currently, Oliver was waiting for Rex in the parking lot while I was left in my hospital bed, nervously tapping my thigh and smiling like a buffoon.

I swear, I’m going crazy. Like seriously.

As boredom began to overcome me, I looked down at my nails and began inspecting them, chipping off some black nail polish in the process. Oliver’s voice brought me back to reality, causing me to look up.

 I saw Oliver first, but it didn’t matter as soon as I saw him. Before I knew it, I had pulled the IVs from my arm and wrapped my arms tightly around Rex’s waist.

“Hi to you, too, Linx,” That deep, and oh-so seductive voice chuckled as Rex’s strong, comforting arms wrapped around me as well.

I took a deep breath, a small smile on my face as tears trickled down my slightly-rosy cheeks. “You’re such a prick, Rex,” I mumbled, slowly pulling away from him and wiping the tears away, a smile still playing on my lips.

Rex suppressed a laugh, smirking a bit as he wiped away a tear I had missed. “What did I do now?” He asked, raising a brow and looking at me with those deep blue eyes which seem to go on forever.

“You had me so worried, I got into a f*cking car crash,” I explained, running my fingers through my slightly-messy jet black hair.

Rex’s beautiful blue eyes widen slightly, but he sighed, looking over at Oliver who was just standing there, looking at the ground awkwardly. “Can we have a minute alone please?”

I could tell from the look on Oliver’s face that he was definitely shocked by the question. Slowly, Oliver nodded his head, still a bit of shock remaining on his face. “Sure,” He mumbled, biting his lip slightly as he left the room.

Rex’s tall figure paraded across  my hospital room and took a seat on my bed, patting the space beside him. It seemed we both were ignoring the annoying beeping sounds coming from the machines around us that I’m supposed to be hooked up to.

I made my way over him, sitting down and sighing slightly. He took my hand in his, looking me directly in the eye. “Linx, will you promise to be honest with me?”

“Of course,” I agreed, nodding and glancing down at our intertwining hands, then back to his gorgeous eyes.

“What happened the other night?” He asked bluntly, causing a deep blush to form on my cheeks and me to bite my lip lightly.

“What part of the other night?” I asked quickly, the blush on my cheeks darkening quite a bit from our conversation.

Even though Oliver was extremely happy about the other night, I’d rather have Rex not know about it. He’d probably murder us both as soon as he found out.

“Why did I wake up on a riverbed?” He asked, continuing to throw questions at me and bringing me out of my own thoughts and back to reality.

I opened my mouth to say something, but quickly snapped it closed. I had absolutely no idea why he had woke up next to a river.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly, furrowing my eyebrows a bit and continuing to think about it. “The last time I saw you was when you ran out of the party.”

“Why did I run out?” He asked as if he hadn’t asked me like a million questions already.

“Damn, you ask about of questions,” I grumbled, sighing and looking down at our hands once again. He raised a confused brow at my grumbling, causing me only to shrug. “I’m not entirely sure why you ran out, Rex,”

He narrowed his vibrant blue eyes at me, obviously suspicious about the whole situation. “Then, what is your guess?” His eyes never left mine as he asked this.

I bit my lip slightly, thinking of something to say. “Girl problems!” I blurted. “You were with some blonde chick most of the party,” I lied as more lies continued to pour out of my mouth while I could only hope he would believe me.

“That’s impossible.”

“Why is it impossible?” I interrupted; now it was my turn to raise the brow.

A slight blush crept his neck until his whole face was almost completely red. “Well, uh, I, um,” He stammered, looking a bit nervous.

“Just spit out already!” I snapped, looking a bit frustrated at this point and time. I mean, really? He has a secret and he really doesn’t want to tell me from the looks of it.

Dragging myself out of my thoughts, I looked at Rex who had lost the blush completely and was now smirking a bit at me. “Linx, I have something to tell you,”

“And that is?” I asked, my voice cracked a bit. It was that damn smirk of his, it was almost intoxicating, I swear.

He leaned in close to my ear, smirking still. “You really need to learn how to lie better,” He blew hot air on my ear, smirking as he stood up, winking at me before leaving my room.

And I was left there; my mouth gaping open and a blush covering my cheeks.

----A/N----

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update! My computer died and then I couldn't find my charger...Yeah, I wasn't a happy camper either! -___- I obviously found my charger, so yay!

Anywhore, I WILL be updating a lot more now since summer break has officially started like last Thursday. 

When I orginally wrote this chapter, it had a WAYYYYYYY different ending, but as I was typing it, I was like "No, that's way too dramatic..." So I re-wrote it. lol The first time around Rex actually told his secret to Linx, but I decided it was way too soon for him to tell. 

Hehe, I'm a bad person.

Anywhore, next chapter will be up soon! Pinky Promise!(;

Love and Cupcakes,

Onyx Rawrz Olivia <3