Chapter 20 - No one else, but us two.

"You are so original."

Rex's contagious laugh filled my ears and an amused smile fell upon his soft lips. "Well, I wanted to take you to where I first told you I loved you."

I felt my heart swell in happiness and tangled my fingers along with his, walking a bit closer to him as we padded through the sand. "When did you turn into such a sweetheart?" I smiled over at him, the dim light hiding parts of his handsome face.

"When I met you," He whispered, his crystal blues sliding over to meet my emeralds and locking our colorful gazes. Soon, a dark blush covered his cheeks and his gaze dropped to the sand beneath our feet. "Oh, god. That was really cheesy, I'm sorry."

I giggled, looking out at the waves and watching as they left, only to return to the shore once again. "It was cute, Rex,"

"I'm pretty sure 'cute' is not what I aim for." He snickered, smirking and nudging me playfully with his elbow.

My eyebrow arched in amusement as I looked over at him. "Oh? If 'cute' is not your goal, then what is?" I asked in curiousity as a wider smirk spread across his lips.

"To make you beg, of course," He said simply.

"Make me beg? Ha! Good luck with that, handsome!" I laughed, shaking my head at him. A mischieveous look appeared in his bright blue eyes, causing me to squeak. "Uh-oh!" With a grin forming on my lips, I released his hand before taking off down the beach, letting a few squeals out along the way.

"I'm so going to get you!" He called after me, rushing through the sand behind me. I screamed, all the while giggling like a school girl. But instead of hearing laughs and feet pounding against the sand like I was expecting to hear, I heard a single thump.

Quickly, I turned around, seeing Rex kneeling in the sand, clutching on to his head in what looks to be a lot of pain. My emerald green eyes widened in shock and fear. Before I knew it, I was at his side, clutching on to him desperately with panic pulsating through my body. "Rex, baby, what's going on?!"

"So much water," He whispered, his lean body trembling and his breathing becoming labored.

"Rex, babe," I whimpered, tugging on his shirt with tears welling in my frantic eyes. "What are you talking about?" What was happening to him? I couldn't stand to see him in so much pain. With frightened tears now freefalling from my eyes, I wrapped my arms around him tightly. "What can I do?"

"The party....bridge......river...." Simple words fell from his lips, telling a lot, but not enough for to get the full picture. I only clutched on to him tighter, unsure of a way to actual relieve his pain. There was only one way I could think of that could possibly get him out of this trance and even that wasn't a hundred percent.

Cupping his face in my hands, I kissed him with all of my might wih tears still rollin down my cheeks like boulders. I felt his body relax from my touch and his gentle hands holding on to my sides and pulling me closer in desperate need to get back to reality.

When our lips finally parted from the other, we just stared at each other for a few moments, both of us not sure what to say after that whole frightening situation. Whatever had just happened seem to scare us both, pretty badly actually.

"W-What was that, Rex?" I asked softly though I doubted either of us had a proper answer, still holding his face between my hands and watching him in concern.

"I don't know," It was quite obvious he was telling the truth, he looked as lost as I probably did. "I just have all these thoughts of a bridge and river, but I don't remember me going to a river around here." A bridge? A river? Hmph. Wait a minute, didn't he say party?