Chapter 11 - Close your mouth; flies will get in there.

Chapter 11 – Close your mouth; flies will get in there.

Oliver sucked in a jagged breath, quickly standing to his feet and looking at John, Linx’s father, with wide eyes. “M-Mister Bones,” He stuttered, honestly shocked and a bit nervous since he wasn’t on good terms with John.

John’s bright emerald eyes, similar to Linx’s, were brimmed with red, making it very obvious he was on the verge of tears. “Oliver, my dear boy,” He said, pulling Oliver into a tight hug.

Oliver was shocked at first, but hugged back hesitantly. John pulled away, putting his hands on Oliver’s shoulders and looking at him. They were almost the same height, but Oliver was slightly taller.

John took a deep breath as the corners of his lips tugged down into a small frown. “I want to thank you for doing this for Linx, I really appreciate it, Oliver,”

He just nodded, still stunned. Had John just thanked him? “It was no problem, really.” He said quickly, smiling weakly at John.

John smiled, patting Oliver on the back again. “Maybe, you’re not as bad as I thought you were,” John chuckled. “Anyway, I’m going to fetch a few things from home, so I’ll be back in a little while,”

Oliver stuffed his hands in the front pockets of his jeans, looking down at the plain, white tiles of the hospital floor and nodding. “Okay,” He mumbled.

**

(Linx’s Point of View)

My bright emerald green eyes slowly creaked open, wondering where the hell I was. Groggily, I tried to sit up, but a wave of pain ran up my sides like fire. I winced, laying still again and noticing someone in the chair beside me.

As my vision cleared, I recognized the person as Oli. “Oliver,” I croaked, finally noticing how dry my throat was.

His head shot up to look at me with his bright blue eyes wide. “L-Linx!” He exclaimed, jumping to his feet with a grin on his cute face. The sudden movement made me a bit dizzy, but I just smiled.

“Hello,” I giggled softly, licking my dry lips. “Can you get me some water please?” I asked, my voice hoarse. He nodded quickly, practically running out of the room to get me some water.

I took a deep breath, finally taking in my surroundings. It seemed I was in a hospital and it was pretty since, if you didn’t know, basically everything in a hospital is white. Pure white.

I frowned, my head killed and most of me was in some serious pain. Yet, I couldn’t remember how I ended up here. Hell, the last thing I was remember was…leaving some jock’s house with Oliver. And that’s just about it, hmm.

I heard footsteps pad into my room again, causing me to look in the direction of the door and see Oliver holding a small glass of water. I gave him a small smile as he handed me the glass. “Thanks,” I mumbled.

He only gave me a small nod, taking a seat in the chair beside my bed as I gulped down the water. “How are you feeling?”

I frowned a bit at the question, setting the glass down and staring at him, sighing. “Confused, and in quite a bit of pain,” I answered honestly.

He lifted a brow at me, running his fingers through his silky brown hair as his bright blue eyes looked into my emerald green ones. “What are you confused about?”

I sighed once more, biting on my lip and looking down, then back at him. “How I ended up in a hospital?” I frowned a bit, watching his expression.

A something-guilt, maybe- crossed over his face as he stared at me. “Oh,” He began, taking a deep breath. “Well, you got into a car crash, Linx,”

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him. “How the fuck did that happen?” I snapped. “I was with you!”

“So you don’t remember.” He said, even though it sounded more like a question. “Rex is missing, Linx. You had gone to look for him without me and got into a car crash.”

A slight blush began to creep up my cheeks at the mention of his name. “W-Why would I do that?” I stammered, even though I knew exactly why.

The corners of Oliver’s lips tugged down in a small frown as he sighed loudly. “We both know why, Linx.” He stated, making my heart nearly stop.

My heart started beating again, going into overdrive and causing my heartbeat monitor to speed up a little as he opened his mouth to say something, but was stopped when his phone started going off in his pocket. He pulled it out, looking at the caller ID and then back to me.

“Omigod,” He said, his bright blue eyes wide.

**

(Unknown’s Point of View)

The water that trickled down my pale skin dripped onto the sand and rocks beneath my weak body. Everytime I moved, it hurt; the more I moved, the more it hurt.

I groaned, cussing under my breath as I sat up, looking around and feeling my neck protest in pain. I sighed, not spotting anything familiar around me. I looked down at my clothes, seeing that I was still wearing my clothes from then.

I winced at the bad memory as the real pain slowly began to fade away enough for me to stand to my feet and dust myself off. I looked myself over, seeing multiple bruises and cuts covering most of my body.

I ran my fingers through my wet hair, closing my eyes and thinking where in hell I could be. I sighed, fluttering my bright blue eyes open and climbing up the side of the bank, shocked to see a road.

**

It didn’t take me long to find my way back to the city I knew. I wasn’t far from home, deciding to just walk the rest of the way home. I mean, I’m already fucked up, a little more isn’t going to hurt much.

I reached the steps of the house, letting out a sigh of relief and finally noticing that there were no vehicles in the driveway. I furrowed my brows, fishing my house key out of my pocket and unlocking the door, stepping into the threshold.

The house was cold, you could tell no one had been there in a while, which was shocking all by itself. There was four people living here, and none of them have been home? That seems a little odd. I kicked off my soaked sneakers, taking my shirt off as I headed upstairs to my room.

After taking a quick shower and putting on some dry clothes, I found my phone lying on my end table. “Good thing, I didn’t take it with me, it’d be soaked.”

I flicked through all the new messages, even though they weren’t so new. They were three days old, is that how long I’ve been gone?

I took a deep breath, dialing my brother’s number and pressing the phone to my ear, hearing it ring once, twice. He picks up.

“REX?!” He screeched into the phone, causing me to nearly drop the phone right out of my hands. “Is that really you?!”

I sighed in self pity, putting the phone back to my ear. “Will you stop shouting?!” I snapped, causing him to immediately shut the hell up. Thank god. “Yes, it is. Hey, Oliver,”

---A/N---

And look at that! I told you it wouldn't take me long to update this! Hah!

Anywhore, I hope you like how suspense-ful I've been making my chapters.(; You know you love it.

In the next chapter, secrets will be revealed, hehe.(; Anywhore!(Wow, I say that a lot. -___-) I, again, wanted to thank all my readers for all the support I've gotten!

Sooo, comment, vote, fan! I will love you forever! AND ALWAYS! Lmao.

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,

Onyx Rawrz Oliva(:

P.S. Rex is over there! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.