Chapter 24 - Does she know that my destiny lies with her?

Chapter 24 – Does she know that my destiny lies with her?

Rex’s Point of View

“And…and one time,” An eruption of giggles escaped her full, pouty lips as she recalled memories of her childhood with Tasha and Kim, but she could barely form a proper sentence with her constant laughter. I must admit it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, except for that one night she was writhing in pleasure under me, but I suppose that’s a story for a different day.

So far, our prom night consisted of The Notebook and cuddling on my bed while she told me all her good memories from the past. I couldn’t help, but lean down and press my lips firmly against hers, just to feel the warmth of her lips. It was definitely on my list of things I missed while I was gone, being an idiot.

I reluctantly pulled away from her delicious lips and just smiled at her. “I love you.” I whispered softly, locking my gaze with her vibrant green ones. Her cheeks flushed and in that moment, I prayed I would be the only guy to ever make her turn that color for the rest of her days.

I snuggled her closer to me and she bit her lip, still blushing. “Was I rambling or something?” She asked softly, her beautiful eyes shifting from mine to her dainty hands which were toying with my shirt gently. I quickly shook my head, chuckling and watching her hands with amusement. “Then why’d you…”

“Because I love you.” I repeated with a smile.

She rolled her eyes, but smiled. “You’re an idiot.” She pulled me back to her lips and returned my kisses with small giggles escaping her lips again. “But you’re my idiot.” She announced proudly, reaching up and cupping the side of my face. “You have no idea how much I missed you, Rex.” She whispered, her voice softening considerably with tears welling in the corners of her eyes.

“I know, baby, I know.” I breathed, tangling my fingers in her silky raven hair and kissing her eyelids softly. “I’m so sorry.”

“Just don’t leave me again, okay?” She sniffled, interlacing her legs along with mine and pressing her petite self closer to me. I nodded, tightening my grip on her and promising myself that I would never let her slip away again.
“I love you, Rex.”

“I love you too.”

*~*

When I woke up the next morning, the house was quiet and Linx was still snuggled in my arms, sleeping peacefully. I kissed her nose, slipping out of the bed and doing my best not to wake up her. She stirred, gripping the sheets where I once was in her sleep. I smiled lovingly down at her before tiptoeing my way out of the room and down to the kitchen.

I spotted a familiar figure hunched over, eating some cereal at the island and causing me to chuckle. His head snapped up and his eyes shot over to look at me. “You don’t have you look so frightened, you know. I’m just your brother, not a terrorist."

“You’re practically a terrorist.” Oliver said, rolling his eyes and turning back to his cereal. “I was expecting you two to be asleep to, at least, noon.” After a few more bites of Frosted Flakes, he spoke up. “Judging by the fact that you’re still in the house, I’m guessing you two made up, right?”

I nodded and took the seat beside him, folding my hands and resting them neatly on the counter. “Thankfully, she took me back, well, after quite a bit of yelling and a chick flick.” His eyebrows rose and he glanced over at me. “Don’t ask; it’s a dark time.”

“You cried, didn’t you?”

“No,” My face flushed red and he chuckled.

“Liar,”