Chapter 14 - Even with the scars on your skin, I still think you're beautiful.

Chapter 14 - Even with the scars on your skin, I still think you’re beautiful.

Freedom. Glorious fucking freedom. Do you know much it sucks to be trapped in a hospital for days? It’s torturous, like seriously. I was extremely happy to be out of there, sure, I was still a bit sore even after two days of being out of the stupid hospital, but I was happy anyway.

“You would look so good in that, Linx!” Tasha and Kim’s chirpy voices announced as we walked past a cute little boutique. I slowed my pace, looking at what they were pointing at: a little black dress. I had to admit, it was cute. “You should try it on!”

I groaned as they grabbed my hands, dragging me into the store and immediately searching the racks for the dress in my size. I sighed softly, crossing my arms over my chest and deciding not to even bother looking. This wasn’t exactly my cup of tea.

Quickly, they found the dress, giving it to me and shoving me into one of the dressing rooms. I sighed, locking the door before lifting my shirt over my head and slipping off my jeans. I glanced over at myself in the full-length mirror, noticing something. The majority of my body was covered in bruises and scratches, even though the accident was a while ago now.

Fuck my life.

**

“I’m home!” I called out to anyone who was in the house, setting my shopping bags down and taking off my jacket, putting it in the coat closet by the door. I heard footsteps come down the steps and an oh-so familiar deep voice speak.

“Welcome home, Linx. Did you have fun shopping?” Rex asked as I turned to look at him, smiling wide and nodding quickly. “That’s good, what all did you buy?” He asked, taking a glance at the three shopping bags that were on the floor beside me.

I blushed ever so slightly, biting my lip and looking up at him with my emerald green eyes. “D-Do you want me to show you?” I asked a bit hesitantly, removing my scarf from around my neck.

He smiled warmly, nodding his head and grabbing my bags for me. “I’ll carry these up for you,” He offered, making me smile and lead him up to my room. Butterflies were fluttering around in my stomach, making me extremely nervous for some reason.

I opened my door for us, closing the door behind him and motioning him to set the bags anywhere. He set them on the edge of my bed, sitting beside them and looking over at me with a smile. Why was he being so cute all of a sudden? Wait, did I just call him cute? Oh, my.

I sat down on the bed as well, the bag in between us. I gave him a weak smile, before reaching into one of the bags and pulling out the first thing I felt. Which was a total horrible idea, by the way. The red lacy piece of material I pulled out of the bag was none other than my new thong which Kim made me buy.

My bright green eyes widened, my lips parting in shock as I stared at it, my face completely blushing-red. I heard a low chuckle, making me look at Rex as he tried to contain his laughter, blushing a bit. I blushed even darker, opening my mouth to say something, but absolutely nothing came out.

After a minute or so, I finally figured out to say. “You’re not lucky enough to see me try this on,” I snickered, smirking as my blush slowly faded away.

Rex looked over at me; his bright blue eyes making my heart skip a beat. I gulped when he arched an eyebrow and smirked back at me. “Oh, really?” He purred, slowly standing to his feet and taking a step towards me. I bit my lip, nodding slowly and looking up at him. He moved closer so he was standing in between my legs as I sat on the edge of the bed.