Chapter 21 - My dear, I've been alone.

It was weeks before I found out where Rex had disappeared to that fateful night. He returned to his home town of Beverly Hills. How he ended up in this grumy, little town I'll never know. But soon after, Oliver joined him and I was left to sulk alone.

I didn't let myself cry. If I cried, I would've probably realized how alone I felt without Rex around and this would've turned into some crappy, teenage romance novel. And who wants that?

I wasn't exactly mad at him for running off; I knew he had his own reasons for leaving, but that didn't lessen the blow to my heart.

Every night after he left, I slept in what used to be Rex's bed, losing myself in his scent and all those aging memories. My father never noticed; he was off on another business trip. Everyone had left me and I just wandered from my house to school as the days went on.

I wasn't sulking, so to say. I just hadn't realized how much my life was centered around him and without him, there was no spark in my life, just a flat line that seemed to be dragged out for far too long.

I had been alone before, both physically and emotionally, but for some reason, this seemed different. It was like he was a drug and I finally got a taste of it, making me want more, but I wasn't allowed to have it anymore.

I had no idea if we were really over or not. I mean, why the hell would he run off to California after giving me one of the best nights of my life? That question was left to be a mystery because I knew if I thought too much about it, I probably would break down and run after him.

And before I knew it, the end of the school year was drawing near and with that came one thing: prom.

Prom: the one school dance almost every girl freaks over, girls such as Tasha and Kim. The people who didn't go crazy over it were the freaks who refused to talk with other people and the heartbroken(I suppose, I would fit in this category.). Sparkling dresses that barely cover certain parts of the female anatomy and drunken sex after the dance wasn't really my thing, to be honest. Yet that didn't stop Tasha and Kim from dragging me into, at least, a hundred stores, looking for dresses.

"I don't want to be here," I grumbled for the hundredth time in the past hour.

The twins ignored me as usual, which they had gotten very good at recently. I sighed, knowing I wouldn't get an answer no matter how hard I tried and watched as they flipped through dozens of fully-stocked racks. It completely amazed me how they hadn't found a single thing with how many stores we'd been through.

I heard two in-sync sighs pointed at me and looked up, meeting the twins' annoyed faces. "Yes?" I asked softly.

"Stop pouting, Linx," I glared and opened my mouth to say something, but Tasha beat me to it. "If he really loves you, he'll come back."

My glare faded into a frown as I stared at the two of them. "And what if he doesn't come back?"

"Then it wasn't meant to be," Kim stated simply, shrugging her shoulders and returning back to the racks. "Give him until prom; if he hasn't shown up even then, it's time to move on, okay?"

I reluctantly nodded, knowing it was reasonable enough and if I said no, they would probably hurt me.

*~*

"I'm home!" I called out to the empty house, expecting silence, but instead, I heard the TV blaring from the livingroom and a shocking voice coming to greet me with a smile on his face.