Chapter 23 - You're the only place that feels like home.

Chapter 23 – You’re the only place that feels like home.

“Oh, so you know, do you?!” I screamed, clenching my fists and readying myself to punch him again as tears threatened to leak out of the corners of my emerald green eyes. “Do you know how alone I fucking was after you left? Everyone fucking left me! You, Oli, even my own god damn father ran the fuck off! You’re a bastard, Rex! Always have been and always will be! I just wished I would’ve realized it before I fell in love with your stupid ass.”

By this time, I was balling my eyes out, taking my foot off him and drying my eyes with the back of my sleeve. He got up slowly, dusting himself off and sighing. “I know,” He nodded, looking down at my tear-stained face.

“Will you stop fucking saying that?! It’s really pissing me off.” I snapped, glaring at him through my blurry vision and sniffling.

“Linx, calm down,” He glanced around at the couples that were staring at us, then back to me. “You’re making a scene.”

“I don’t care if I’m making a scene, Rex! They can watch all they fucking want!” I yelled, waving my hands around in frustration. I never thought about I would react if Rex came back, but I suppose I would have guessed I would act just like this.

Without hesitation, Rex picked me and threw me on his tuxedo-ed shoulder, waving at the couples and walking into the parking lot. “We need to talk.”

*~*

“I fucking hate you.”

“Stop lying to yourself, Linx.” Rex said, plopping down on his old bed and undoing his tie. “You still love me just as much as you did when we first met.” He said confidently, glancing up at me with those piercing blue eyes of his.

“And how do you figure that, jackass?” I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest and scowling at him with a ball of fury raging inside my heart. I still had the incredible urge to punch him in pretty face one more time.

“You wouldn’t be crying your eyes out if you didn’t.” Rex smiled and I nearly swooned, but I settled for glaring instead. He stood up, his tie loose around his neck, and he took a step closer to me, his hand coming up to caress my cheek. “I’m so sorry, Linx. I really am.”

“How do you expect me to believe you, Rex?” I mumbled, looking up at him with no anger left in me, just sadness. “One minute, you love me and the next you’re hundred miles away, probably living the good life without me.” I pushed his hand away from me, sighing and looking down at the hardwood floors beneath my sneakers. “You left me because of things that happened before you and I got together, before I even knew I loved you.”

“Linx,” He breathed out huskily, causing goosebumps to form on my arms. “I should have never left. I love you so much and probably always will, but I was pissed off, not at you, but at myself. I was angry because I knew I should have made you mine long before I actually did. I couldn’t believe that you had slipped away from me without me even realizing it. To put it simply, I was terribly jealous and I was afraid, just like everyone else who’s ever been in love, that you would find the perfect guy and leave me.”

He ran his fingers through his perfectly spikey hair and plopped down on the bed, dropping his head in his hands. “You taught me what love really was, Linx. I’ve had no exposure to it up until this point. I just really wished I had realized I love you sooner, maybe then you wouldn’t have slept with Oli, I wouldn’t have jumped off a bridge, you wouldn’t have gotten into that car crash.” He groaned, shaking his head. “I’m just really sorry.”

“Wait, when did you jump off a bridge?” I stuttered, slowly sitting down next him.

His eyes went wide and he facepalmed. “Shit, you weren’t supposed to know that.” He glanced over at me, seeing my pretty amazing puppy-dog eyes and biting his lip. “Don’t do that, you’ll make me weak.” He blushed, quickly looking down at the floor. “It happened the night of the party, the one that everything happened during. My mind didn’t want to comprehend that I was in love and seeing you with that guy in the closet sent me over the edge.” He coughed awkwardly. “Quite literally, I suppose.”