Talking About The Past and more flashbacks

Hailey's POV
We had just pulled into a hotel. Jasmine is going to her own room and me and David are going to share one tonight. As David is taking a shower I look though a book that has all of Jasmine's baby pictures and stuff. As I am looking at the cover David comes over to me in just basketball shorts, "What ya looking at?" I show him it that has her name on it.

 As I am looking at the cover David comes over to me in just basketball shorts, "What ya looking at?" I show him it that has her name on it

He looked confused when he read the last word, "My last name? I thought she had yours." I smile at him, "On her birth certificate it has your last name. I just don't call her that last name because I didn't want you to be upset about her having it, so I call her by my last name." He nodded and asks to look through it. I smile and had it to him. This has all the memories that he wasn't there for. The first one was her Scan Tron on my 3 month. We kept flipping till we came to the picture of her and Matt at the park. He looked at it questionably, "Who's that?" I wander how he's going to react, "That's her and Matt." He looked up at me, "Who's Matt?" I raise my eyebrows slightly at him, "When the girls went to go see that scary movie at the theater, the boy with the dirty blonde hair. That's him when they were about 3 or 4." He stared at the picture some more, "And you had to take a picture of them kissing at that age? As matter of fact why were they even doing that at their age?" I started to tell him the story.
Flashback
I step out of my car and help jasmine out of her car seat, "Listen baby, mama wants you to be careful ok?" She looks up at me with her big brown eyes, "Oky mommy. I pwomise to be careful." I watch her run over to one of her friends, besides the other girls, Matt. I sigh and sit down. I'm 19 now and it has been 4 years since I last seen David. Jasmine looks and acts like him a lot. I wander how he would have been with her. I look up to see her under the slide talking to Matt. I see her wrap her little arms around his neck and close her eyes while leaning in. I grab my phone and click on the camera. When I see their lips touch I click the button to capture the moment. I put my phone away and listen to them. "Now you can say you had youw fiwst kiss." She giggles and runs over to me, "Mommy! Mommy! I had my fiwst kiss." She says still giggling 🤭. I smile at her, "I saw baby. Mama saw." She runs back over to Matt to finish playing while I watch with a smile on my face.
—————————————
After I finished he chuckled, "She wanted to have her first kiss." I nodded laughing softly as well. Next was a picture of me and her when took a walk on the trail in the park, "She loved walking on those things for some reason." He smiles, "I remember you wanting to do that one time too. You just loved to do it too so she must have gotten it from you." I laugh knowing he's right.
Flashback
"Come On please. Please David." I begged him to walk on the logs with me. It's fall day and we were taking a walk through the woods near our houses. He gave up, "Fine. But I don't know why you like to do this though." I laugh and pull him up on it

"See it's not so bad, now is it?" I tease David a bit

"See it's not so bad, now is it?" I tease David a bit. He just laughs at me as we hop down, "No but I still don't understand why you like to do that." I just shrug and kiss him on the lips.

——————————————I just smile, "We better go to sleep

——————————————
I just smile, "We better go to sleep. We got a long way to go tomorrow." He nods and cuts the light off. We payed down I feel him wrap his arms around me. I always feel safe in his arms. I fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

*I know that this one and last is mostly about their past but I wanted to feel in some gaps. So hope you like it, comment, and vote on this chapter. Bye 👋 *
~~S.G~~