Chapter 5 - When Your Worlds Crashing Down

Zayn walked to the door rather irately. Who dare interrupt his alone time with his husband? It was the only time they got together!

          "Hello?" He groaned, swinging the door open.

          A woman stood before him, probably in her mid-fifties, but still as beautiful as ever. "A-Are you Zayn?" She asked, rather nervously, eying the thirty-two year old like he was something magical. "Yes, who might you be?" He wondered, crossing his arms tightly over his chest in a protective manner.

          "Could I come in? Meet your wife? Children? Please tell me you had children?" She covered her mouth, obviously hiding her smile.

          Who the hell was this woman?  "I don't think that would be a  good idea, "my son is sleeping and my husband  and I were in the middle of something. May I ask who and why you are on my front porch?" He almost growled.

          "Oh my-I didn't know...I mean, I didn't expect you to come out gay, your father was always so strict a-"

"What do you know about my father?" He growled under his breath, looking behind him to check on Harry, who still stared intently at the TV screen.

          "I would know plenty about him, I almost married him." She chuckled.

          Zayn bit on his lip. "Well good thing you didn't. He was a monster, a disgrace and I hope he's rotting in hell as we speak, now if you'll excuse me I'd like to get back to my family." He snarled, retreating for his house. "But I am your family!" She said quickly before the door had a chance to slam shut.

          "Don't you recognize your own Mother when you see her, Zayn?"

          Zayn stared blankly at the woman. His mother? The mother that left him when he was just a child, the mother that left him with that monster of a father who raped and abused the love of his life for so many years? That woman?

          "Excuse you? You're the bitch that left me with him!" He yelled, closing the door. Harry didn't need to hear this. "Did you know what he was capable of? And you just left an innocent little baby with him! You're no mother! You're a sleaze that spreads her legs and leaves hapless infants to suffer!"

          The woman was ridged, a tear trickling down her cheek ."I-I...I didn't know. Honest, I didn't. I left him because I wasn't in love with him. I loved his brother, but...He wanted to keep you, he said he could do it, that he could take care of you, prove he was worthy but he remarried before he could do that! I didn't know Zayn, I wouldn't have left you with him if I did!"

          All the yelling stirred the Autistic man on the couch, standing and starching his limbs before sodding to the door, creaking it open and peering out, were his Zaynie stood, arguing with a unfamiliar woman. "Zaynie?" He said quietly, his innocent brown eyes shooting between the two of them.

          "Charming, go back inside, you don't need to see this." Zayn told him, but the small boy refused, stumbling onto the front porch. "Hi I'm Harry." He blushed, waving at the woman as he hid behind Zayn.