Chapter 9 - Like Strawberry Wine

Zayn's smile grew wider as he stared at the house, turning to look at the big lawn and beautiful flowers. It was perfect; it was everything he could ever ask for and more.

     "What is it?" Jay asked, smiling at the younger. "I...I was just thinking of how much Harry will love this place." He shed a happy tear, following Jay into the house, were two little girls ran up to her, their mouths working a million miles per minute. "Who's that mommy?" One asked, pointing to Zayn, the other tugging on his arm. "That is Zayn sweetie, he's going to be staying with us."

     "Who's staying with us?" A girl with dark hair said, her phone glued to her hand. "Felicite, this is Zayn, him and his brother are going to be staying with us from now on. I expect you to be nice to them, they're part of the family now." She instructed.

     Felicite nodded, walking over to Zayn and shaking his hand. "Hi, I'm Felicite." She smiled kindly. "Zayn, and my brother Harry  isn't here, he was taken to a foster home before I called your mum here and she agreed to help us out." Zayn explained, pointing over to the girl's mother.

     "Well, this is Daisy, Phoebe, Lottie is our other sister, she's in her room with her boyfriend, Tom. Oh and mum, her bedroom door is closed." the girl winked, her mum racing up the stairs. "And Louis is our brother, he's a doll but a bit fruity." Felicite giggled, taking one of her sister's hands. "C'mon Das, I need your help with something."

     The blond followed after her, the other one still smiling at Zayn. "Hi I'm Phoebe." She smiled a toothy grin, putting her hands up to Zayn, who picked her up. "Hi Phoebe, I'm Zayn. You're mighty pretty, has anyone ever told you that?"

     Phoebe blushed, hiding in his shoulder, giggling wildly. It reminded him of Harry, making him suddenly sad. "What's wrong Zayn?" The little girl asked. "I just miss my brother is all." He shrugged, kissing her forehead before setting her down. "Do you want to see my room!" She asked, taking Zayn's hand and dragging him up the stairs.

     Minutes later, she had him dressed in a tutu, a crown on his head and a tea cup in his hand. "Teddy says he likes your hair." Phoebe said in a posh voice, pretending to take a sip of her drink. "Well I like teddies bowtie." he responded, doing the same thing.

     "Za-Oh my goodness." Jay laughed, covering her mouth. "You are too cute." she smiled, walking over to her daughter. "She wanted to have tea, but I don't know where the tutu came from." He laughed.

     "I'm sorry, she thinks she's a princess." Jay kissed her daughters head, messing her hair. "Then she'll love Harry, he's convinced he's a prince."  

     "Mummy, whose Harry?" Phoebe asked, looking up at her mom. "Harry is Zayn's little brother." She said, taking the tiara off Zayn's head and setting it on phoebe, then Zayn shimmed the tutu off over his pants and shoes. "I'm truly sorry, they're going to do this to you on a daily basis." Jay laughed. "Honestly, its fine... Harry would do the same if he had all this stuff. I actually enjoy it."

     Jay was grateful Zayn was so easy going, putting up with whatever Phoebe demanded of him. Besides, how could he say no to that face?

     "Would you like to go see your room?" She asked, taking her daughters room and leading them both down the hall. "It's the guest room, but I hope it does. There's a bathroom in there; and you can do whatever else with the room." She smiled, opening the door.