Chapter 2 - I'll Be Your Clown

"No, I'm not going," Charlie pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

            It had been a few weeks since the first day of school, and each day had been a struggle for Zayn, getting Charlie out the door without Harry interfering and claiming that school was "Stupid, Zaynie. So stupid."

            "Yes, you are going," Zayn insisted, pulling a red polo over his young sons head. Charlie growled and tried to pull the shirt back over his head. Zayn inhaled deeply. His patients had been short lately. "Stop it, baby,"

            "No!" Charlie yelped, taking off down the hall after pulling his pants off, leaving him in only his pull-ups. Zayn groaned and fell back on his knees, lying his head in his hands. Suddenly, pale hands wrapped around his neck from behind, and a gentle bite was placed on the back of his neck.

            "Zaynie," Harry whispered in his ear, "He could stay home with me,"

            "No," Zayn shook his head, "We can't shelter him forever,"

           Harry pouted, and pressed his sad lips into Zayn's tan skin, "Why can't he be in normal school, Zaynie?"

            "What do you mean? Take him out of special education?" Zayn asked. He had never thought of such a thing before. Sure, Charlie was smart enough-the boy had taken quite the advancement in all subjects, his mind absorbed things like a sponge, becoming more advanced than most kids in the grade above him. Just as Harry had excelled in art, Charlie was a natural bookworm. But could Charlie handle the older kids? He could barely stand the special ed kids...

            "Richard," Harry said.

            Zayn bit his lip. Yes, there would always be little Richard Tomlinson. Richard would surely watch out over Charlie, but still, the idea of putting Charlie into normal school frightened him.

            "Maybe...I'll talk to Louis and Niall first,"

~

            "Hey, Zayn," Louis smiled, opening the door.

            "Hi, Louis," Zayn pulled Louis in for a big hug. Then Niall jumped out from behind him, planting a big sloppy kiss on Zayn's cheek. "Niall," He chuckled.

            "So, where did you leave our two favorite boys?" Louis asked, pulling Zayn into their house and sitting him on the sofa, tea already served on the table in front of him.

            "I left them at home with Liam," Zayn sighed, "I just...I needed to talk this through with you two and Richard first,"

            "Oh, okay," Louis smiled, "Richard!"