AW || 1

• C H A P T E R  O N E
______________________

      Born on May 18th, Arielle Liana Jane Lewis was brought into this world after a tiring 32 hours of labor

Born on May 18th, Arielle Liana Jane Lewis was brought into this world after a tiring 32 hours of labor. Weighing a healthy 6 pounds and 8 ounce, the bouncing baby girl had a full head of hair and was destined to be a princess.

 Weighing a healthy 6 pounds and 8 ounce, the bouncing baby girl had a full head of hair and was destined to be a princess

And so, the name Arielle in reference to the Disney princess herself was the wining name amongst her parents. With a new edition to her growing family, Rosa María, Arielle's mother knew that her two daughters would someday run the world with their bloodline of beauty.

Little did the young mother of two know, that the beautiful little princess she had just given birth to, wouldn't bloom so soon. Instead the young Arielle was a constant victim of bullying and an outcast in her middle school. Her mixed features due to having a black jamaican father and a Hispanic mother littered her face with numerous freckles would not only be seen as a flaw but a trigger to ignorance.

-

Interview 7 with
Good Morning America

"When young girls and —people in general approach me now, it's oh...you're such an inspiration and you're beautifully perfect and this and that but–...no. I'm not perfect in any way....I never was. I was bullied as a kid, taken for granted. People always used to tell me that....I would never be anything in life because of the way I looked. Like as if...my appearance was everything. Sadly society installed in our heads to think that beauty is indeed everything but....just like my girl Alessia Cara said 'Beauty goes deeper than the surface'..." Arielle explained with a satisfying smile. "I wish I had known that as kid..."

____________
January 12th, 2018
Franklin Classical Middle School
Long Beach, CA

Arielle

Rereading her paper report on future career expectations, Arielle could feel herself getting more and more nervous as Susie Lee started to wrap up her lecture. Cursed with anxiety due to low self-esteem, the poor girl was going through those infamous public speaking jitters and looking anxiously at her surrounding sixth grade class. Deep breath after deep breath, she forced herself to breathe as her classmate was making her conclusion.