Chapter Thrity Three

I blink, opening my eyes to bright sunshine. Ugh! I felt hot, and stuffy, and I wondered how I could have slept in my robes for so long without having a heat stroke and dying. I manage to crack the train window open a bit, letting the cool end of summer breeze fill my small compartment. I lick my lips, trying to get some moisture back into my mouth and lips.

I look around the small compartment. It was just me, although a while ago Seamus, Dean, Ginny, and Luna had been in here with me, but I wasn't surprised that they had left. We weren't that great of friends anyway.

My mouth still unbelivabley dry, I reach for the small water cup I'd kept in the drink holder. I pick it up, taking a small sip then choking unprevantabley, spilling all down myself and on the floor as the train lurched. Cursing, I try to get breathing again, reaching in my pocket to find my wand to clean myself up.

My stomach drops as I realize my wand isn't in my pocket, and I start to panic, my eyes scanning over the comartment. As I scan across the seats, I notice my wand and sigh, scooting over to pick it up, and I notice there is a small white slip of paper with it.

My heart races in excitment, because I knew that the note probably contained writing from my 'secret admirer.' I didn't know who, hopefully, he was, but I loved getting his notes, and they made me so much happier.

Almost tearing the paper in excitment, I unroll the small scrap of paper, my eyes clouding in confusion at what it said.

Dear Rose,

Your name is as every bit as lovely as the flower, and you are as beautiful as a Rose.

Here is a rose to remind you of that,

Love,

Your Secret Admirer.

I thought the note was sweet and all, but what confused me was the rose part. The note hadn't been sent with any roses.....

As I thought the word, the paper floated out of my hands, levitating in mid-air and as I watched, it started to fold. A few seconds later there was a paper rose floating in the air right infront of me, and as if floated back to my hands it started changing into a real rose.

That was so cleaver! He, my secret admirer I mean, had to be a very skilled wizard to be able to do something like that! And how smart of him, getting rid of the note like that so I wouldn't get funny questions.

He'd already explained to me that nobody could know that he was sending me notes, because his whole existence was supposed to be a secret. The more reasonable part of me told me that this was probably a prank, but I was still eating it up, because I like the sense of adventure this had to it.

I smile, smelling the rose as I held it close to my heart. It had a sweet smell, and I loved it, although I'd always been fond of rose's. But who would have sent it to me? Every one knew that I was still going steady with Harry, so why would anyone even think of doing that? I mean, I'd been with Harry since my third year at Hogwarts, so I'd never really opened up to the possibility that other guys may like me... or that I might like other guys.

I mentally curse myself. This wasn't right! I was starting to crush on a guy I'd never actually met, but then again he seemed so mysterious....

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even hear the door open, and Ginny, Neville, and Luna file in. I look up, hastily shoving the rose at my side, hoping they didn't see, but of course they did. Ginny sent me a questioning look, but didn't pry.

That is why I like Ginny. She knows when to pry, and when not to. She understands that their are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed, although she knew the lines she could cross, although I'd imagine she would growing up with Fred and George for brothers.