Chapter Ten

Cedric kissed me, I think numbly.

Yeah but it doesn't count.

Yeah it does, you kissed him back!

Shut up!

  What was I supposed to do? Forget about it.  But could I? I follow a fellow group of Gryffindor's into the Common Room and I look around. Ron, and Hermoine are in deep conversation. There is another girl who seems to be flirting with Harry. Anger boils inside me. What was he doing!

"Hi," I say stiffly.

Harry jumps and looks at me. The girl takes one look at my cross face and jumps out of the seat. I sit down.

"What do you think you were doing," I demand.

"It's not what it looks like," he answered.

"Oh yeah, sure! The girl flirting with you, you looking interested. What! Have I gotten boring!"

My voice has risen to a yell.

"Yeah! I suppose you have! Maybe if you weren't so quiet and mysterious I'd like you better!"

"What! Me, mysterious! What about you! The Chosen one! The one who defeted Voldemort and can't tell anyone about it," I laugh bitterly. "And I am mysterious!"

The whole Common Room has gone quiet. Harry is sitting there, gaping at me. 

"Maybe your just jealous! Maybe you want the fame and the glory because you've never been noticed in you whole life! Tell me the truth!"

 He stands up. I stand up and glare.

"You want the truth! I HATE YOU!"

I storm off, hot tears rolling down my cheeks. Instead of going to  the dormitory, I leave. Where was I going to go. There was two options: Slytherin, or, well, Hufflepuff. I didn't want to go back and face heck in Slytherin, so I set off for Hufflepuff, not exactly sure where I was going.

After a while I gave up and collapsed in a heap of hot tears on the floor. What was I going to do? I'd just blown it with my only friends. 

I hear footsteps. What the heck? My head snaps up.

"What are you doing out of bed at this hour!"

That voice was familiar.

"Cedric?" I hiccup.

"Rose," He asks, astonished. 

"Yeah," I say, hiccuping again.

"I thought you would be with," He makes a sour face, "Potter."

"Well, I was, and well, it just didn't end well and we were fighting and all of this and I left because I had no where to go and I was trying to find you and..."

He pulled me up and into a hug.

"Why are you out of bed at this hour," I ask him.

"Prefect," He responds.

We walk down the hall, arm in arm and go to their Common Room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I nickname this chapter shotry-mic-short-short. Sorry this is so TINY! I don't have a lot of time because I have to go to play practice, but if you are reading this you obviously have plenty of time to drop a comment and maybe vote. I love you all and I am nearing 3000 veiws! That is soooo many! Keep watching for new chappies!