Chapter Two

On my schedule, I had double potions with Griffindor. Great. I get up and get ready, throwing on my clothes and rushing out to breakfast. When I get to the Great Hall, I am one of the last ones there. Jeeze! Didn't know I got up that late. 

I gulp down my breakfast and run to Potions. I got in the classroom right as it was going to start when I tripped. I went flailing into Potter's lap while the rest of my stuff scattered across the room. Dandy. Just bloody dandy. Perfect start to my day.

I get up, my cheeks burning as I pick up my stuff. Ron and Harry get down and help me. Once I had all my stuff in order, I sit down next to Malfoy, and hide my eyes under my bangs, and look at my fingers.

"Five points from Griffindor for making miss Rose late." Snape snaps

"What,"Ron said in protest.

"Five more for back talk."

Silence.

"I need  you to concoct the potion of Living Death. I will be back in exactly a half- hour. I have business to attend to."

With that, Professor Snape, and his rather ugly sneer, stalked out of the classroom. I had exactly a half hour, thirty minutes, half of sixty minutes, to tell Harry sorry for A) Falling on him and B) getting them into trouble.

But how? My mind spun around as I worked on cutting the roots of some plant. I wasn't paying attetion when disaster struck.

"Ow! Bloody Hell!"

I cut my finger off. Well, technically the tip, but it still hurt.

Professor Snape walked back in. Assesing the situation he turned around.

"Potter."

Oh no. Please no.

"Take Miss Rose to the Hospital Wing."

Dang. I get up, holding my finger tip and my bleeding finger. I glare at Snape the whole way out while he has that annoying smirk on his annoying face. Gosh. A lot of things have happened and it was only first period. Can't wait for the rest of the day.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Huh," I ask, his voice jolting me out of my thoughts.

"When you cut off your finger. What were you thinking about? You looked like you were in deep thought."

I ignore his question.

"You were looking at me," I ask incredulously.

He blushed.

"Well, yeah. Er."

Akward!

"Well I was just trying to figure out a way to say sorry to you without getting into trouble with-" I cut off and put my head down.

"With who?"

"Er, well, y'know? I think we outta walk faster, my finger is hurting pretty bad."

Now this wasn't  a total lie, but still. Me and my big mouth. We walked in silence the rest of the time and then he left. I sighed happily, if that's possible. 

"What have we got here?"

"Potions."

"Oh. Don't say another word."

She ushered me onto a bed and she sewed my finger back on. It was a bit painful, but it was better to have a finger then to not. 

That night I asked if I could stay. She said yes. I really didn't want to go back and face Draco. I knew Madame Pomphrey wouldn't let him in if I didn't want, and that was what I specifically requested. A fw minutes later, as I predicted, I hear Draco attempt to come see me.