Chapter Seventeen

My blood was on fire, every bone in my body breaking. I couldn't think. My thoughts were clouded, and all I could see was red.

"Lies" Voldemorts hissing voice said.

I scream. There was nothing else I could do. I try to avoid the pain, but it is spreading through me. It stops suddenly, and I gasp for air.

"I will ask you again. How. Did. Harry. Potter. Escape. Me?!"

"I d-don't k-k-n-ow." I sob.

He narrows his eyes at me, and I shudder. I hoped he wouldn't use that awful spell on me again. He was terrifying, and knowing he could easily kill and hurt a human being made him ten times scarier.

"She's a Shapeshifter!" Draco blurted.

Voldemort turns toward me, intrest gleaming in his eyes. "Really now," He said quietly.

I thought I might pee my pants. He grinned, and I had to look away. He was too ugly.

"Turn into a dog for me?"

I shake my head, but when he raises his wand threateningly, I did. I felt the familiar sensation of my skin tearing, and my bones shifting, and before I knew it, I was on four legs, staring up at Voldemort. He laughed in glee.

"You could be useful to me yet," He told me.

I resist the urge to growl and tear him uip. He would probably just kill me.

"Now," He turned to my father. "I need to do some official business. Bellatrix, Narcissa and You are incharge. Don't fail me, again. The consequences will be severe."

A look of utter horror crossed my dad's face as Voldemort apparated.

***

The familiar bustle of King's Cross station was welcoming, unlike my dreadful summer had been. I wince as I think of the scars across my back, and down my neck. Nagini had fun making those. My hands hand been severly burned, and they were all shaky. I couldn't believe Voldemort was back. It was scary to think about it. On the other hand(as much as I hated the feeling) I felt important enough to be tortured by Voldemort in person. It didn't happen everyday of my summer or anything. *note the sarcasam.*

I haul my stuff onto the train, and into an empty train compartment as Mum fusses over her 'poor' Draco. I sigh, wondering if she ever thought about how bad my scars hurt.

Harry sighs as he sits across from me. People walk by staring at him and glaring. I felt so bad for him. It wasn't his fault that he was chosen to defet Voldemort, which at this point was looking a bit impossible.

"Hullo," He says, giving me a toothy grin.

"Hi," I say, twining and untwining my fingers in my lap.

It was a nervous habit that I couldn't help. I look up at Harry again. He looked so concered. My heart melted on the spot.

He took my hand from my lap.

"What's wrong," He whispered.

I bit my lip. To tell him, or to not. That is the question. What to do?

"I can't tell you," I mutter guiltily.

He gives me a hard look, but it quickly drops. He pointes his wand at the door, muttering something. A few seconds later, the compartment door was locked and the windows were covered in a thick, dark mist. He smiled again.

"This gives us some privacy."

I couldn't help a blush from appearing on my cheeks. He moved next to me, looking me dead in the eye.