Chapter Twenty Six

My lungs hurt from running up the flights of stairs, my legs burning too. I obviously needed to hit the gym more. But there were more pressing matters right now. Like getting Harry back.

I stumble out of the portriat hole, walking up to the couch where Rain and Harry were snogging. I grab Rain's arm, and yank her up. She looks furious. Harry just sits there, which pretty much proves my theory correct. Harry wouldn't let this happen, if he wasn't under her spell.

Rain smiled devilishly at me, taunting me on.

"You thought I wouldn't figure out." I say.

Her smug smile falters, and for the first time, I see genuine fear in her eyes. She decides to play dumb. She puts on a small smile, struggling to keep her face calm.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, sweetly, but I could hear her voice tremble.

I smile sarcastically. "Oh, I must've been mistaken." I say, pushing her back on the couch, and walking up to the Dormitory.

Oncde up there, I went into the girls bathroom and filled the drinking cup up, smiling evilly. I walk back down the stairs, ocming up to the couch where Harry and Rain were now sitting in. They didn't hear me, but Ron and Hermione did. Hermione was about to say something, but I shook my head furiously and motioned for her to wait.

I came closer to them, and tipped the glass of water over Rain's head. She shrieked in anger, but more evidently, fear.

"No!" She yelled.

Everyone watched, mesmerized as her feet were replaced and a mermaid tail was replaced by it. I walk around to face her, putting on a sad expression.

"Oops." I say. "My hand slipped."

I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. The expression on her face was absolutely priceless. I was joined by Ron and Hermione, then eventually everyone else.

Rain stormed out, looking furious.

"Rose." hermione managed through gasps of laughter. "You've got to be careful. A mermaid could be a very dangerous enemy for you." She looked serious now.

I thought about this, and was about to respond, when I heard a splash in the lake, and I ran to the window to see Rain dissapearing below the surface. And that set me off all over again.

That's when I realized. Harry wasn't there. It was the last night I would get to see him without Rain attached, and he was gone.

"Where's Harry," I demand of Ron.

"I dunno. I think he went up to the Dormi-"

I didn't hear the rest. I was already speed walking towards the stairs. I was slightly scared that I wouldn't be able to get up there, but I started walking up anyway. I must've been allowed, because I climed up the stairs and saw Harry sitting on his bed. He was looking down at this small jagged mirror, his eyes glassy.

I walked over to him quietly, sitting down next to him. he didn't even respond.

"Harry?" I ask. No response. It was like he couldn't even hear me. "Harry," I say, more serious this time. I walk over to his bed sitting on the edge next to him. He didn't even move.

"What's going on?" I ask him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Rose I-" His voice cracked, his eyes were watery.

I was about to say something but Harry stopped me.

"I'm so sorry. Everything has been my fault lately. Sirius dying. Me falling for Rain. Everything is just messed up." He said, still looking at the mirror.

"Harry." I say softly. "You need t o stop this. No one blames you for what happened with Sirius." I tell him. He looks at me with those startling blue-green eyes. "And what about Rain?"

I tried not to look mad. I mean, I didn't fully blame him, he wa sunder a spell, but still. I thought we were going to be all right, then BAM! Rain comes in a steals my guy.

"No." I say. "I don't blame you." But I couldn't look him in the eye. He didn't notice. Feeling even more guilty, I let my white blonde locks fall around my face.

"Rose?" He asks.

I look up, my hair cascading into my eyes. He moved the hair back so he could see my face. He ran his fingers down through my hair, landing his hand on my neck.

My breathing quickens as he leans in. He looked so intent, and that scared me a bit.

His lips crashed against mine, leaving my breathless. I missed this. His arms slide down around my waist, and my arms instinctively went around his neck. I didn't think it was possible, but he pulled me closer against him until there was no space between us.

Then it all happened so fast I couldn't think.

The next thing I new was I was ontop of him, kissing him passionately. And that made me stop. I pulled up, hovering my face inches above his.

"Harry." I complain.

He looks confused. "What?" He asks.

"Why do you make you so...tempting?" I ask.

He laughs, his hand tickling up my back. "Because I can, " He breaths, making me shiver.

That's it. The seconds of cotntrol I just had dissaparrated. Completely gone. He kissed behind my ear, trailing small little kisses up to my mouth. Then, he kissed one corner.

"You," He said, his breath a little ragged. Another kiss on the other corner. "Are mine," he growled.

Oh, man. I'd never wanted Harry so bad, like, ever. But I'm only fifteen. So? I sigh. I had two really good points there. Harry noticed me freeze.

"What?" He asked.

"I-I can't d-do this." I state, but I didn't sound sure.

"Yes you can," Harry stated matter-of-fact like.

I scowl. He wasn't making this 'self-control' thing any easier.

Suddenly, Harry laughs. "You are too cute." He says, sighing.

He rolls over, so we're both laying on his bed, side by side.

"I'll just have to catch you off guard another time, and then you'll be mine for sure." He said.

And he sounded so sure of it. And I believed it. One of these times, I was just gonna cave, and then, well, who knows what would happen. But atleast I'll have all summer to prepare for that. Summer..... my stomach clenched and I felt like puking. I covered my mouth, afraid I really would.

"Rose? You okay?" He asked.

I nod, not trusting myself to open my mouth. I could almost hear Voldemorts cold cackle now..... Oops. Idiot! Saying his name triggers them! But there was nothing I could do when my vision blotted out and I fell off the bed to the ground......

******

YellO!!!! I updated after, like, forever! Holy crap! It really has been like twelve years. But, now that I've updated, I think they'll be more frequent!

And, because I updated, you should vote, comment, fan, and tell people to read my story! Because that would be amazing! I wanna get 50 votes this chapter, and if that happened, it would really make my day, and probably make the next upload wicked.

But in the mean time, enjoy this chapter. It makes me happy :)

Love,

Car