Chapter 47

*Kylie's POV*

Shit, I know this. World War 2 was what I studied the most for this test, but I'm still stuck on the last multiple choice question... Suddenly, the bell rings.

"You may hand in your tests if you're finished. If not, please hurry up." The teacher said.

Fuck... I'm stuck between A and C...

"It's C..." Someone, a guy, whispers as he walks to the front to hand in his test and leave.

My heart pumps hard against my chest as I realize Austin was the one who gave me the answer. I quickly circle C and stand up. I exit the classroom and find Austin at his locker.

"Hi." I say, sounding a little nervous.

"Hey, how was it?" He asks casually.

"Really easy, except for that last question." I laugh nervously. Oh God... Kylie, get your shit together.

"I know, right?" Austin agrees as he closes his locker. Well, at least he's not mad..?

"Thank you. You know, for the answer." I say with a small smile.

"You're welcome." He smiles back and looks at his phone, "My mom must be waiting for me at home for lunch. See you tomorrow." And with that he turns around and leaves.

"What the hell was that?"

I jump and turn around to find the origin of the voice.

"Lexi, you scared the shit out of me." I breath.

"Sorry." She giggles, "So, tell me. What happened?"

"Nothing, I was just thanking him for giving me the answer for the last question which I didn't know the answer to." I shrug.

She raises her eyebrows, "I imagine he gave you the answer because you didn't know which it was. You mentioned it two times. Kylie, you're rambling."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes at her.

"Hmm... Interesting..." Alexis says into thought.

My phone vibrates in my pocket.

"Sorry Lexi, I gotta go home and start packing everything." I say with an eye roll.

"Wow, sounds like a lot of work. I mean, you have to pack literally everything." She says while biting her lip.

"Well, we're just beginning. We're going to pack up little by little since we have like another week here, exams are over friday and I'm going away Sunday." I sigh.

"Do you really have to go? You can stay here in Cali and live with me, I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind..." She half smiles.

"My mom wouldn't let me at all, she'd kill me just by asking." I put a sad face.

"This is getting emotional. Go already, your mom is going to kill you." She says.

I say goodbye and exit the school. I spot my moms car right away and hop in. The reason I didn't come in my car was because Lexi went this morning and picked me up.

"How did the exam go?" My mom asks.

"I did good." I tell her.

"That's great, honey." She says.

"What's for lunch?" I ask.

"Your decision. Just say whatever. McDonald's, Wendy's, Subway..." She smiles at me.

"Really?" I'm not that surprised, she knows I'm still upset about us moving to Miami.

"Yes, whatever you'd like." She says.