Chapter 3

I saw him staring at me while I made my way to the chair next to him. This is bad. I have to get my emotions in check. I touched my cheeks. Luckily the warmth was already fading away. You can do it Kylie. Just behave like he's any other guy friend, I told myself. A knot in my stomach began forming as I sat down.

"Hi!" I said a little too loudly. "You're Austin, right?" I tried not to stare at him, but I couldn't help it.

Up close, I could see his well-defined features. He had a straight nose and high cheekbones that every girl wishes for. His dark long lashes contrasted with his skin and his silky brown hair was tousled in an uncaring, but sexy way. Through his fitted tee-shirt, I saw that he wasn't bulky, but had defined muscles that said he probably played sports and obviously worked out. His sudden answer cut my train of thoughts.

"Yeah and you must be Kylie?" He asked.

I mentally smacked myself. Why did I forget to introduce myself? It's his eyes. They are too distracting. This is getting out of hand, I thought. Taylor, I should remember my great BOYFRIEND Taylor. With that in mind, I responded,

"Oh, right. Sorry. Umm, yeah, I'm Kylie." I stumbled through my words.

I sighed inwardly, this was harder than what I expected. I managed a weak smile at him and saw his green eyes sparkling with amusement. Wait a second... Why is he like that? Am I acting funny? I thought angrily. Austin looked at me expectantly. What is he expecting? Something checked my mind. He is handsome, so it's obvious that girls swooned at the sight of him. Does he want me to do the same? Oh well, he was in for a surprise. I'm not going to swoon for such a guy!

"Let's start the assignment." I said.

"I think we'll need to finish this at lunch." He told me smirking.

I sighed. " It'll be easier if we do this now, Austin."

The bell rang, signalling the end of the class. How in the world did time go by so fast?!

"Great. We'll have to meet up since we didn't do anything." I muttered.

I packed up and turned to go to the door while Austin eyed me curiously. Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist gently, holding me.

"I'm sorry, i was being a little bit of a jerk. I just wanted to get to know you better, so I was a bit rash. Can we please start again?" His gaze had remorse.

Something in his eyes made me believe in him. I softened and smiled at him as I nodded.

I let out a little giggle. "I'm Kylie." I stretched out my hand.

He responded, "I'm Austin. You know, you have lovely eyes." He said while shaking hands and smiling.

"Thank you..." Uh oh, I think I blushed!

We walked towards the door together, discussing when to meet up and finish this. When we got to the door, Taylor was already waiting for me outside. As I got closer to him, Taylor wrapped his arm around me.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"Uhh, Taylor, this is Austin Mahone, the new student. Austin, this is Taylor Hunter, my, uhh, my friend!" I blurted out.

I just couldn't believe what I just said. As I thought, Taylor was giving me a confused and angry look.

"Oh well, I guess I'll leave you two alone. See ya, Kylie." Austin kissed my cheek after leaving.

Shit.

When Austin became out of sight, Taylor quickly turned to face me. "What the fuck, Kylie?! Friend?" Taylor shouted at me.

"Sorry! I just got confused!" I explained, but he didn't seem to take that as an answer.

"Confused? I'm sure as hell that isn't the reason. I saw how you two were smiling at each other and I even saw you blushing!" he abruptly said to me.

"You know what? Lets talk about this later, I promised Lexi that I would meet her to study." I quickly said to him, ending the fight that we had started.

I swiftly turned and walked away. I just didn't want to stare at him anymore. What I did was wrong, really wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey! I hope you guys are liking the book. Please remember to comment and let me know what part you like the best! ;)

~ Gabby x