Chapter 8

*Kylie's POV*

 I glanced over at my digital clock sitting in my bedside table. 12:00 A.M. I rolled to my side and closed my eyes trying to find some sleep. But as soon as I closed them, they popped up open again by sound of my cellphone vibrating. I quickly took it and squinted my eyes, trying to adjust at the phone's high brightness. The screen read "Unknown: Hey". I furrowed my eyebrows, a new text message from an unknown number? "Umm... Who is this?" In a matter of seconds, the unknown answered, "Take a guess". "I think u got the wrong number, cuz I don't have u in my contacts", that was the most reasonable answer I could have thought of. "Nah, I'm sure I got the right number." "Then just tell me who u r". A minute passed before the unknown number said, "Its Austin".

What?! How the fuck did he get my number? I sighed, Lexi. If Lexi told Austin that I like him I swear to god i'll- My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating again.

"What are you doing up so late? Waiting for me to text you? ;)" Ugh... 

"Reading a book" I lied.

"Haha, yeah right"

"Austin, what do u want?"

"To talk to you Kyles" I widened my eyes at the sight of my new nickname... The fuck...?

"Kyles?"

"What? You don't like it?"

"Yeah, I like it" I faced palm myself when I saw what I texted. "I mean, no, I don't like it". 

"Uh... Ok?" 

"Soo... Why did u really text me?"

"Well... I kinda can't stop thinking about you in that dress" I felt my face grow warm.

"What dress?"

"The one at the mall, remember?"

"Right..." 

"You know, you look so good in that dress" I could sense the smirk on his face. 

"Austin!"

"Haha what? Its true!" 

"Whatever..." I texted, trying to change the subject. "What r u doing?"

"Playing my guitar"

"Really?!"

"Yeah, im pretty good at it"

"Omg I love guys who play guitars! It's lovely" I can't believe I just texted that...

"Haha, good to know :)" 

Minutes passed and Austin and I were still chatting. I learned that his favorite sport is basketball and that he loves pizza. Just like me, his favorite color is red. I glanced at my clock, 12:57 A.M. I couldn't believe for how long I've been texting Austin. 

Suddenly, I received a text from Taylor. When I opened it, there were three images. I tapped them and saw a girl and a boy... probably at a party, the place looked a lot like Kimberly's, one of the cheerleaders, house... they were...kissing? The guy looked a lot like Taylor. I zoomed in the image to get a closer look at the blonde male... Taylor? And... Rebecca?! I froze, looking at the picture and zooming it as much as I could. Taylor and Rebecca kissing. It must be a mistake, why would Taylor send them anyways..?

I switched to Austin's conversation. "Gotta go, bye" I quickly texted Austin. I couldn't believe what I saw... My eyes burned as I felt a tear roll down my cheek. How could he do this to me?! Anger erupted inside of me and before I knew It, I was inside my black Range Rover Sport 2013. I had quickly changed into a fitted shirt and jeans, heading to Kimberly's house. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hello guys! I hope you liked this chapter. I know it's pretty short, but I wanted to leave a cliffhanger :). Next chapter will be longer and more interesting. Remember to vote! Also, this story has now two authors; me, Gabby, and my friend Laura. Without her, this chapter couldn't have been possible. So, what do you think will happen next? Im looking foward to seeing your comments below! 

~Gabby and Laura x