Chapter 31

Oh. My. God.

"You guys know each other?" Austin asks.

"Yeah... We do." Justin is the one who replies.

I am shocked. Why now?

"Oh, really? Where did you guys meet?" Another question from Austin.

"Why don't we order? I'm starving!" I avoid answering the question.

"Uhh, yes, me too." Justin says uncomfortably.

"How many times have you told me that you are starving, babe?" Austin laughs.

"Babe?" Justin asks.

"Yeah, Kylie is my girlfriend." Austin smiles.

"Oh." Is the only thing Justin says.

You could feel the tension in the air.

"Let me call the waitress." Austin says.

While Austin told the waitress our orders, I could feel Justin's stare on me.

"Thank you." Austin finally tells the waitress. "So, where did you meet? I'm interested." Austin asks with a smile.

"I was at Kylie's school before you went there. I had to transfer to another one." Justin replies.

"Oh, so you were friends back then?" Austin asks.

"Uhh, not exactly..." I look at Justin and he looks back at me, "We were... In a relationship for a year."

Austin widened his eyes, "Oh..."

Just what we needed here, silence. Later, I broke the silence.

"Yeah...where did you guys meet?" I asked, looking at Justin.

He hasn't changed, except that he was now taller and bulkier. His dirty blonde hair almost touching his light brown eyes.

Justin cleared his throat, "Austin is a childhood friend. We used to play basketball."

"I didn't know..."

"We didn't talk much when we were together." Justin clarified.

"Oh ok."

Well this couldn't get any awkward.

The entire lunch was a drag thanks to Justin's appearance. Most of our meal consisted in Austin and Justin doing the talking while I made a comment once in a while.

I wanted to talk to Justin, to know how his life has been after he transferred schools, but it didn't seem to be an appropriate moment.

"So... How's Katherine?" Justin asks eyeing me.

"She's good... How's Emma?" I smile.

"Good." he smiled back.

My heart skipped a beat, he was my first love. He was staring at my face like if he was trying to find something.

Austin cleared his throat.

How long had we been staring at each other? It's just so weird seeing him after all this time. After all, I really loved him. I suffered so much when he needed to go to another school, I couldn't get over him, but Taylor helped me. And now, I'm so lucky to have Austin, I love him so much.

The way Justin looks at me hasn't changed, just with his eyes he could show so many feelings and I loved that...

"Kylie?" Austin shook my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I snapped back to reality.

"Did you hear me?" Austin asks.

"Yeah, well no..." I reply.

"We are going, now." Austin tells me and stands up, "Goodbye man, see you later."

"It was a nice lunch." Justin says giving Austin a brotherly hug.

I stand up and give Justin a hug.

"Bye Kylie." He says.

"Bye Justin." I smile at him.

I take Austin's hand and we start walking to the door. Before going out the door, I turn my head to take a last peek on Justin. He's looking at me. He smiles.

***

The car ride to Austin's house was quiet, just music was the only thing heard.

When we enter Austin's house he directly goes to his room and I'm left downstairs.

What?

I head to the stairs and come to a quick stop when I see Austin in the other end, seated on the floor, his back on the wall and his hands are covering his face. He's... Crying?

"Austin!" I call him out and go up the stairs to him.

His head shots up as he watches me come over to him. When I get to him, I see that he isn't crying. Why would I have thought that he's crying?

He looks at me as I sit by his side.

"What happened? You left me alone downstairs." I tell him.

"I know and I'm sorry, the thing is that I'm just frustrated." Austin explains.

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know, I just wasn't expecting that to happen, that Justin was your boyfriend."

"Why would that matter now?"

"The way you guys looked at each other, the way he talked to you, and the way you smiled at him, all those little things I noticed."

"Aww, Austin, are you jealous?" I try to bring some humor to this conversation.

"I'm not jealous!" He exclaims and holds a surprised expression.

Then we both laugh.

"You know I love you." I finally say.

"I love you." Austin looks at me our faces just inches away.

"Want a kiss?" I ask him.

"Yes, very badly." He tells me.

"Hmm, let me think... No!" I tease. Then I stand up and go running to his room.

"Hey! Come back here!" He shouts from the hall.

I fall on the bed laughing as he enters the room and closes his door.

"Got you." He comes to the bed and wraps me in his arms. "Let me kiss you."

"So tell me girl if every time we to-u-uch!" I start singing One Direction's 'Kiss You' and in no time Austin's lips are on mine.  

After breaking our kiss, we both smiled. 

"So, are you going to tell me about you and Justin?" He pouted.

Well... Austin is my boyfriend and I trust him, there is no need to keep anything from him. 

I took a deep breath, "It all started in freshman year. I was fourteen when I met Justin. We were good friends and liked each other a lot and after turning fifteen I realized that I had fallen in love with him." 

Austin nodded, motioning me to continue.

"And it appears that he loved me too. So he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes right away."

"You really loved him didn't you...?" He said, his eyes focused on the ceiling. 

"Yeah... it's just that he was my first love. And the way things ended-"

"How did things end?" he interrupted.

"Let me finish. During the first month of summer we had lots of fun. It was my first time being in a relationship and so was his." I sighed and continued, "Unfortunately he had to transfer schools into another town about two hours away, making our communication diminish. In the end, we both decided that the best thing was to break up."

I looked over at Austin, he was still looking at the ceiling. Letting my little love story sink in I suppose. 

"So you ended things just because he had to leave" he thought out loud. 

"Mhm..."

There was a short moment of silence. 

"Kylie, are you over him?" he suddenly asked. 

I snorted, "Come on Austin, I love you more than anything. Don't compare our relationship with the one I had with him."

"That's not what I'm saying. Look at me." 

I turned my head towards him. His green eyes burning mine. 

"Tell me that you don't have any feelings for him, not even a bit"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hello! Here you guys, is another chapter and we obviously tried doing it a little longer. Omg, we laughed a lot with your comments on the previous chapter. Just to clarify, no, it's not Justin Bieber, sorry if we disappointed some of you. Soo, what do you guys think about this chapter? Be sure to vote and leave a comment. We loveee uuuu! 

-Gabby & Laura x

Twitter:

@gabbypmahone

@lauraroldanp