Chapter 39

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. PLEASE READ.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Austin's POV*

I got to the police department in no time and when I entered I saw Rebecca sitting in a chair while using her phone. All I can think about while I walked up to her is why would she? When she saw me, her face expression totally changed. She was furious.

"Hey." I begin, "Look, I'm-"

"Where's Kylie?" She interrupts.

"Well, they are pressing the charges to me, why would she have to be here?" I ask her as politely as I could.

"She was in the car with you. And plus, she's your girlfriend. She must be interested." She said with a wicked smile.

"Yes, and?" I'm not getting it.

"Call her and tell her to come." She says and starts using her phone again. I swear, this girl's logic is the one of a three year old.

I walk away from her and take my phone out. How am I going to reach out to Kylie? Her mom took her phone away and I won't dare myself and call her house number.

"Can you please call Kylie's house and tell her to come?" I asked Rebecca.

She scoffed, "Um, can't you see that i'm busy."

What the hell.

"Then I have to go look for her, because-"

"Excuse me Mr. Mahone, you can't go anywhere right now." Interrupted a police officer named Peter.

With a groan, I sat in front of Rebecca and placed my head in between my hands.

*Kylie's POV*

I know all the formulas by heart. I'm going go ace this math test. Before putting my pajamas, I decided to call Austin. Then I remembered. I can't.

"Ugh!" I groaned loudly in frustration. That's when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said furiously.

"Is everything alright?" John asked while peeking through the door.

"No. I have to talk to Austin." I began to pace around. I can't live without my cellphone.

"You can use my phone. Your mother left minutes ago to a dinner with your father. Apparently she doesn't like mac & cheese too much..." He said into thought.

"Whatever. But, really? You would do that? Its that I don't know where she hid my cell." I explained.

"Yeah, why not?" He shrugged. "Come."

John led me to his room and gave me his phone. I quickly pressed the numbers to call Austin.

"Hello?"

"Austin?" I asked hopefully.

"Babe!" He replied excitedly. "I wanted to talk to you, it's really urgent."

"Yeah I wanted to talk to you, too." I said with a smile.

"Look, I need you to come to the police station. Rebecca woke up and... She wants to press charges." He breathed.

"She what?!" I exclaimed, John rose his eyebrow at me.

"Yeah... And she want's to see you. Please come as soon as you can." He said seriously.

"Okay okay, but why would she want me there? And why would she want to press charges? It was all an accident." I said angrily.

"Look, I don't know why she wants you here, but she has the right to press charges, Kyles. I passed a red light and because of that she got hurt." He explained with a sigh.