Chapter 40

*Kylie's POV*

I was now in my room, plan turned out as expected. But there's something that didn't go as I originally planned. I was sure Rebecca was going to set me into something, but not this. I can't break up with Austin. I can't bare the thought of not being with him.

I took a bath, changed into my pajamas, and sat on my bed. Then, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I say.

"Hey." John peeked inside my room.

"You can enter, John." I half smile, trying to hide my pain.

"Pst, I know I can." He said, entering the room and closing the door behind him.

"What's up?" I ask while settling my hands on my lap.

"Nothing, really, just wanted to know how everything went." He said sitting beside me.

"Well, everything went... umm good." I tell him with a sigh.

"Just good? I feel like something went wrong." John's expression changed to a preoccupied one.

"No, everything's okay, I promise." I half smile.

"So, that means that Rebecca dropped the charges?" He asked.

"For now... I guess." I sigh.

"What do you mean 'for now'?" He questions, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Look John, I really need to rest. So-"

"I understand." He said and stood up "Good night, Ky." He says, exiting the room.

"Night John." When he finally was out, I turned off the lights, and went to bed.

***

*Austin's POV*

It's 7:00 A.M., my alarm went off, waking me up, and returning me back to reality. As usual, Kylie starts invading my thoughts. Man, I can't get enough of her. But there is something bothering me too. Kylie said nothing about what she privately talked with Rebecca. She was like, trying to avoid that conversation with me.

~ Flashback ~

"What's up with the football team?" I ask Taylor.

"Nah... It's okay, you know, we won the championship." He smiles proudly.

"Congratulations." This can't be more awkward.

There was a big silence, but Kylie and Rebecca walked in on point.

"Done?" I ask, standing up.

"Yeah, everything's settled. Taylor, lets go." Kylie says while looking at Taylor.

"Okay." He says, standing up and taking the car keys from his pocket.

"I can take you home if you want." I tell Kylie.

"That would be a problem, you see, I'm using John's car." Kylie responds.

"Oh... right." I say.

"Well, goodbye everybody." Rebecca says as she walks off to the entrance and into her car.

"Uh... Kylie?" I say, looking at her. I sense something went wrong.

"Yeah?" She turns to me.

I took her hand and pulled her in for a kiss. She awkwardly pecks my lips, "See you tomorrow at school." She says.

"Yeah, see you." I wave at her.

"Well... Let's go." Taylor says, awkwardly standing in between us.