Chapter 1

"Kylie, hurry up! You're going to be late for school!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

Oh crap... I overslept, once again. What the hell happened to my alarm?

I checked my cellphone to find out that, due to christmas break, I had forgotten to turn it back on. Quickly, I jumped off my bed and entered the bathroom. I took a quick shower, settled my long brown hair into a high ponytail, and did my makeup without wasting too much time. My blue and yellow cheerleading uniform was fit into the curves of my body, the colors complimenting my blue eyes.

I rushed down the stairs and took my backpack, which thankfully I had packed the day before, and my pom poms. As I passed the kitchen, I grabbed a pop tart right out of the toaster, burning my fingers a little. I kissed my mother and father goodbye and dashed past the door, unintentionally slamming it. My best friend, Alexis, was already outside waiting for me. I got in the car and then shut the door close. 

"You're so late, Kylie." Alexis said as she handed me some coffee she had bought.

"Hello to you too, Lexi." I told her while smirking and taking my coffee in my other hand, "Thank you."

She started driving by the houses of my neighborhood. School isn't so far away from where I live, at least.

"Did you hear about the new guy? His name is Austin, I hope he's a hottie." She said while grinning.

"A new student halfway through the school year?" I ask.

"Yup." Lexi replied with a grin while wriggling her eyebrows up and down.

"Oh Lexi! You know I have a boyfriend!" I said while rolling my eyes.

"I wasn't talking about you dating him..." She grinned deviously. 

"You are not going to play with this new guy, are you?"

"Pst, NO!" She tried to convince me.

"Lexi, you know, boys are not toys."

"But they sure are good under the sheets!" She said jokingly. We both laughed.

"Someday I'm going to get you this super hot and amazing boyfriend Lexi. And you won't have to pay me back." I smirk.

"Oh really? Is it because you already have one of your own?" She asks laughing.

"Well, if you put it that way. Taylor is amazing, I love him so much." I smile. 

"Something is missing right there..." She looks at me.

"And he is super hot." I laugh.

"That's what I was looking for!" She says.

"What's this Austin's last name?" I ask.

"I was told it's Mahone. Haven't stalked him on Instagram still." She laughs.

I roll my eyes and scoff at her.

I turned up the music and we started singing on the top of our lungs.

Moments later, we arrived to school and Taylor was waiting for me at the door as always. He hugged me real tight and kissed me on the cheek. Lexi proceeded to interrupt us, as she normally does everyday.

"Enough with the smooches, we need to get to class." She said.

The three of us started walking together towards our classes.

"We were talking about you while on our way here." I look at him and smile.

"Oh yeah? What did you talk about?" He asks.

"How you are amazing and how I love you more than anything in this world." I give him a peck on the lips.

"And how you're super hot." Lexi adds.

"Oh, Kylie, why did you leave that out? You don't think I'm hot?" He pouts.

"Seriously!?" I laugh and Taylor smiles at me. 

"Well, we've reached my classroom. I'll miss you babe." He kisses my cheek.

I wave at him, walking away as he entered and Lexi and I keep on moving. Suddenly, I felt harsh pokes in my shoulder. Lexi started whispering to me frantically saying, "I think thats the new guy! Just in front of you!" She desperately pointed out.

I turn my head to see a tall guy with brown hair and captivating hazel green eyes locking with mine. For some reason, we couldn't seem to take our gazes off of each other.

I felt some sort of instant attraction to him, his lips curving into a beautiful smile. My cheeks start getting warm. I swiftly turn away from him and walk rapidly to the bathroom.

"Kylie!" I hear Alexis call my name from a distance.

What had just happened!?