REMINISCING

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌  

 R E M I NI S C I N G

  ''Thanks Covey, It's a gift, smelling this good!'  

  ''PUFF. Yeah. A gift from my mom last Christmas''  

   ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌    

''Isaac!'' Rita called her cousin from the worn out , deserted bleachers, as lacrosse practice came to an halt. The only people hanging out in the proximity were the two friends that decided staying after school was a great idea.

''Wait? What?'' Lara Jean raised both hands to her waist line. ''You know Isaac Lancaster?'' Her eyebrows furrowed.

''Dude, what's my last name?'' Rita laughed.

''Rita I don't know your last name!'' Rita opened her mouth to protest but then she realized that, really, on the first day no one checked presences in class, pausing her expression as if the time had frozen, making Lara Jean laugh.

''My last name's Lancaster'' She informed then, still wondering how her last name didn't came up.

 It was probably due the fact there was no space for such ordinary talking when the two shared so much more interesting interests. Who would remember to talk about family names when you could discuss over lunch things going from what was their favorite artist to if god was real. 

They wouldn't and in fact they didn't.

It was weird, you see, anyone who had the opportunity to witness them engage with each other that day would say they were friends for years, wishing to have something of the sort themselves. 

Gen must have noticed too, as at lunch time she could not stop glaring heatedly at the two girls, then whispering to the side, causing her two friends to back her up. This on a loop.

But the two new friends didn't care, Rita still felt like she attended that school for years, right on the first day, thanks to Lara Jean who helped her ignore all the staring and all the whispering that she was more than used to by now. You get used to it when you change schools 5 times in the space of 2 years, although it still made her feel this tiny bit uneasy.

Lara Jean kept her mind busy, and Rita couldn't feel happier.

Her friend's mouth opened in a perfect O. ''I didn't know he had a sister-''

''No, he's my cousin!'' Rita laughed massaging her nose bridge at the middle of her eyes.

''Oh'' She nodded. ''Makes sense - You look nothing alike.'' Rita shook her head laughing.