{17} The Ancestor

***

***

So I was sleeping in my nice and comfortable bed. It was one of the best sleeps that I ever had and I wish I could've stayed like this for awhile more. Except for the fact that I heard Damon wake up Stefan loudly which woke me up too. I know that Damon was being loud purposely which made me more and more annoyed. I got up out of bed, walked to Stefan's room, and opened the door. Stefan stared at me confusedly while Damon had a smirk on his face. "Shut up," I said, lowly.

With that left said, I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. I went back to my room and got back under the covers. I looked at the clock to see that I slept in. I'm just gonna skip school today. I don't really feel like going.

***

My day of doing absolutely nothing had been spoiled by a message that both Stefan and Elena sent me. Elena told me that there seemed to be something wrong with Bonnie. This message made me curious as to what she was talking about. The message from Stefan was telling me that Bonnie was possessed by her ancestor, Emily, and he needed me. So here I was with Stefan and Elena at the church ruins. Stefan made Elena stay back as we went ahead. We arrived to see that Damon was stabbed with a branch. Stefan pulled it out of him.

"Oh, that hurt. This is why I feed on people." Damon groaned.

"Stefan." I heard Bonnie say. I turned to see that even the way she looked seemed different. Emily seriously did a number on her.

Stefan turned to look at her, "Hello, Emily."

"These people don't deserve this. They should never have to know such evil." Emily told him.

Stefan had a confused expression, " What do you mean evil?"

"Emily. I swear to God, I'll make you regret this." Damon said, trying to stand up.

I shook my head, "Shut up, Damon."

"I won't let you unleash them into this world." Emily seemed to be looking pointedly at Damon. What did Damon do this time to get someone to almost kill him? What did Emily mean by 'them'?

"Them?" Stefan asked her. He turned to Damon, "What part of the story did you leave out, Damon?"

"What does it matter?" Damon questioned as he groaned in pain again.

Stefan's head snapped to the girl, "Emily, tell me what you did."

"To save her, I had to save them," Emily said. What she said was incredibly vague so I had no idea what she was talking about. Everyone seemed to know what was going on except for me. Had I missed something before I cam here?

"You saved everyone in the church?" Stefan inquired.

Emily had a neutral face, "With one, comes all."

"I don't care about them," Damon was finally able to stand up. He looked at Emily, "I just want Katherine."

Stefan helped keep Damon standing, "I knew I shouldn't have believed a single word that comes out of your mouth. This isn't about love, is it? This is about revenge."

I looked at both of them, "Is this really the time for this right now? Like, seriously. We have a girl from the past inside of Bonnie and you guys are arguing."

"The two aren't mutually exclusive," Damon said to him. The two were completely ignoring me which made me get a little annoyed.

Stefan had a stern look on his face, "Damon, you can't do this."

"Why not?" Damon struggled against Stefan, "They killed twenty-seven people, and they called it a war battle. They deserve whatever they get." I shook my head at their arguing and turned to Emily.

"Emily, you nee-" I was cut off.

Emily had a look of recognition, "Corinthia." I don't understand why she would say Corinthia's name. The girl wasn't around, obviously, so why would she randomly say her name?

I stared at her confusedly, "What do you-"

I didn't get to ask her my question because she looked past me and at the boys, "Things are different now."

Damon shook his head, "Don't do this."

"I can't free them. I won't," She raised her arms, and Stefan grabbed my arm then pulled me away, "Incendia!" Fire shoots up out of the pentagram design Emily made in the dirt. It kept us from getting any closer to her.

"No," Damon shouted. "No, please."

Elena came running towards us, "Bonnie!"

Emily threw the necklace up in the air and Damon yelled, "No!" The necklace exploded above us. I step away from the fire and near Stefan and Elena. The fire put itself out and Emily had left Bonnie's body. Bonnie was looking around confused as Damon came running at her. I watch with wide eyes as he bit Bonnie and started to feed on her. Bonnie screamed and Stefan ran forward. He pulled Damon off of Bonnie and Elena and I came over to check on the girl.

Stefan leaned down to see if she was okay, "Is she okay? Stefan?" I kept asking him.

"She's alive, but barely. I can save her." Stefan bit into his wrist and let some of his blood drip into Bonnie's mouth. After a second or two, Bonnie opened her eyes and Stefan stepped away. The wound on her neck started to heal.

Elena leaned down to get a closer look, "Her neck, it's healing."

***

I stood off to the side as I watched Stefan walk over to Bonnie and Elena. Bonnie backed away a little and looked frightened by him. Elena helped Bonnie into the car and she walked back over to Stefan. The conversation seemed to grow more and more depressing as it went on. Stefan turned around and walked back to me as Elena kept calling out to him. This day was definitely one of the worst for them.