Facing the past

Natsu's POV
I wake up to loud knocking on my door. I get up and pull on my sweats and answer the door. "Sir please excuse the interruption but there's something you need to see." The maid Virgo says and hands me a newspaper.

"Thanks." I reply taking the paper and closing the door. I don't even bother looking at the paper and I just go back to bed with Lucy. I wrap her up tightly in my arms and go back to sleep.

I wake up hours later to see Lucy still asleep. I decide to get up and go look at the newspaper Virgo handed me. I open it to see a picture of me and Lucy on the front page.

Billionaire Natsu Dragneel has decided to marry a common beggar woman in the scandal of the century

What?! I haven't even proposed to Lucy yet! Plus how is that a scandal?! I open the paper to the article and there's the whole story about how I found her on the street and took her in and how she works for me now. There's also the story about her in the hospital but it's saying that I did that to her because she wanted to go back to the streets. That's the last straw. I grab my phone and call Levy then I call my attorney. I want to know who published this filth and why it's saying I would beat up my girlfriend!

I end up waking up Lucy with my loud voice as I yell into the phone about what I read. She sits on the bed and stares at me until I hang up. She looks at me and I know she's curious as to what's going on. I walk over to her and hand her the paper. She reads it and laughs.

"Your laughing?!" I shout

"Yes. Because it's ridiculous what these papers will print nowadays just to sell them." She giggles

"Well I'm glad your getting a kick out of this. To me this is just another problem to deal with. I can't have rumors spread that I beat up on my girlfriend. I want everyone to know how much I love you." I flop on the bed and groan.

"Natsu. As long as us and the people that matter know the truth then what everyone else thinks doesn't matter." She says softly and kisses my forehead. "Now calm down before you erupt like a volcano." She giggles.

I smile at her and grab her cheeks "How is it you can always make me happy?" I ask and kiss her softly.

"It's a gift." She grins and hops of the bed

"I gift I'm happy to receive over and over again." I chuckle

"The gift that keeps on giving!" She shouts then laughs at herself and walks into the bathroom.

She comes out a few minutes later and lays back in the bed. She closes her eyes and sighs.

"Luce."

"I'm not loose." She giggles.

"Luce."

"Hey I'm not loose damn it!" She laughs

"Luuuuuuuccceeeee." I tease her and crawl twords her.

"Hey I know your above average but I'm not loose damn it." She blushes and turns away from me.

"Your so cute when you blush Luce."

"Call me loose one more time pinky and I'll make you pay." She warns

"I have more than enough to pay whatever you want Luce." I tease her and nibble her ear

"Grrrrrr. Damn it Natsu that's not what I meant!" She growls

"Easy there tiger. I'm not ready for claws just yet." I chuckle and she blushes.

Knock knock knock