Revenge

Natsu's POV
It's been 3 days now since my fight with Lucy and I feel absolutely horrific. If you saw me you would think I was going to drop dead right in front of you. I can barely eat anything and I only try because people force me. I can't sleep, I barely have the strength to stand, let alone walk. I have no interest in anything anymore, even my company. I had to hire someone to help me with it so the company doesn't flop.  She basically works with Levy taking care of things that need immediate attention and helps me keep everything stable. We talk about everything related to the company and between me, her and Levy I'm confident everything will be fine.

The woman I hired isn't just nobody. She's a childhood friend of mine that I trust more than anyone. Her name is Erza Scarlet. She is a woman unlike any other. No I'm not in love with her. I never have been and never will be. Why? Because she scares me to death. Now don't get me wrong she is a person I trust more than anyone and care about deeply but when she's mad, I'd rather be in another country on another planet somewhere far, far, far away. Erza is incredibly smart, fun, honest, caring, loving, loyal, protective, devoted, proud and fierce.

**Flashback to 2 days ago**

I contacted Erza and told her what happened and she lost her mind. I told her how I finally found someone I truly love and she was so happy. I could hear a level of joy in her voice that I never heard before. We loved each other like brother and sister so I knew she would be thrilled. But, when I told her about the fight she hung up on me. Which I thought was strange. Turns out she hung up and rushed to my house and let herself in. She found me and was ready to beat me to a pulp for hurting someone I love. I was going to let her to because, I deserved it. She had me by my shirt collar and was ready to punch me in the face when she stopped. I was waiting for a punch that will never come. I look at her face to see her crying.

Erza is crying? This is impossible! She drops me and I fall to the floor. She then falls to her knees.

"Natsu. You have to be one of thee stupidest men in existence!" She yells and I just hang my head.

She's right. I let this happen. I brought about my own downfall.

"I can feel your pain Natsu. I can also feel how much you love her. It's all written all over your face and it shines in your eyes." Erza says and slowly gets up. "I will help you with your company until you can pull yourself together." She says softly and extends her hand to me. I take it and she pulls up to my feet.

"Thank you Erza." I say with pain in my voice.

She smiles at me weakly and walks out.

**end flashback**

Now I'm sitting at the hospital. Lucy still hasn't woken up yet. I sit here all day every day. The doctors and nurses look at me worriedly and with pity and it just makes me feel worse.

Me. A multimillionaire sitting here in a hospital looking like I got ran over by a herd of every animal in existence. All over a woman. But a woman I love dearly.

I lay my head on the bed and turn my attention to the tv. I turn it on and channel surf until I come across the news and stop because there on the screen I see my face. I turn up the volume to hear what they have to say.

"Today we learned that the world famous billionaire Natsu Dragneel has been dating someone. And not just any someone, a homeless woman: a lowly beggar. Rumor has it he kidnapped her and forced her to love him then one day recently she was caught with another man and in a fit of rage he beat her half to death. She's currently in the hospital fighting for her life."

I throw the remote at the tv and shatter it. The noise caused nurses to rush into the room. They see my face and the remote sticking out of the broken tv and sigh. One nurse walks out and the other checks on Lucy. When she leaves I slam my fist on the nightstand beside Lucy. I hear a gasp and see the nurse that left walk in with the janitor.