Epilogue

Epilogue
Sydney's POV
----------------------

As soon as I got home kahapon from Nick's house, I began writing the pro's and cons of my decision.

It kept me up all night awake, deciding on what to do. If I'm doing the right thing and if I won't regret this.

I stopped in front of Dad's Office, hindi ko alam kung itutuloy ko pa ba or if I should just back out habang hindi ko pa nasisimulan.

I closed my eyes and slowly opened the door, I saw him sitting and typing from his laptop.

When he saw me mabilis niyang sinara yung laptop niya at tumingin sakin.

"Dad" I took a deep breathe before speaking "I'll go"

I could see the confusion on his face, and it isn't the reaction I was expecting. Akala ko he would have been happy but he's just confused.

"Go where?" Nagsimula na din akong magtaka.

"I overheard you and Kuya yesterday. I'll go with you sa States" I stared at him but his reaction didn't change.

"But you'll miss your graduation" I didn't react for a minute bago ako tumango ng dahan dahan.

This is the decision that kept me up all night writing the pro's and cons, the only con in this decision is that I'll be hurting us.

But the pro's, yun yung mas madami. I know that this was for the better.

With both of our business falling down, he needs his attention only on the company. I don't want to intervene with that, and his Mom is right.

I only bring bad luck to them.

Tumayo si Dad at lumapit sakin.

"Sydney, I know I wasn't the best Father, no I wasn't a Father. But now I'll act like one, alam ko ayaw mo sumama sakin" Umiling iling ako dito and forced a smile "Sydney, I'm not forcing you to go. I'm letting you free, just like what you wanted. I'm not even gonna tell you about this, I'm trying to be a real Father to you little by little"

I smiled at him and closed my eyes, I decided and I wouldn't let anyone stop me from this.

"Dad trust me on this one, I also want your trust not just freedom" He hugged me, mabilis niya akong binitawan.

"Si Mendoza?" Nagulat ako ng biglang tinanong nito "I'm still not okay with his Family, but I know how much you love him. Is he okay with this?"

"Nick, is facing some problems, I don't want to add up to it" He just stared at me "We've been through too much, I don't think I can handle any of it anymore. It's too overwhelming, don't I deserve to be happy without all of this"

He again hugged me and gently brushed my hair.

"In order to be truly happy, you have to be happy with yourself. That's the lesson I learned. My question is are you happy with yourself alone? or are you happy just because of that Mendoza kid"

I didn't answer. Inalis nito yung akap niya sakin.

"Will be leaving at 9. Tonight" Nagulat ako pero tumango padin ako.