Roman (Ch.16)

"If I left, you would destroy him!" I took a deep breath and froze. However he blinked and looked away, not even making any indication he actually saw me.

"Your trying to make him deny himself, yet you yell at me for the same thing. Our son is the prince of nightmare... And he is Anxiety. He doesn't need to ever leave his kingdom. He can do his job here."

"You never want him to do his job..."

"NO THAT'S YOU!" I walked over to the door and I could feel the pain. I was in a dream state, caused by a nightmare. I had just as much control here as he did, but... I don't want to leave yet. I have to know what Draak is trying to show me. I looked back only to find not two boys but one sitting there crying. Virgil, he looked so pained. It broke my heart. "Our powers lie in our emotions, It lies in our thoughts. Yet you persist on corrupting his mind."

"I'm saving him... FROM YOU!" The door burst open and a young silver haired woman came over to were Virgil was sitting, picking him up and carrying him out.

"Where are you taking him?" I've never seen Alphonse Hardy so fearful. The moment I killed him didn't even come close to it.

"Away from here... Away from you."

"I AM HIS FATHER!"

"No your a monster. A nightmare in a cloak and crown."

"You can't just take him away. I have a right to be with my son."

"I am his mother."

"No your a wicked witch!" The silver haired woman just laughed smiling as she place a hand on a large gem necklace she was wearing. Wait, I've seen that before. Where have I seen that before? It was a movie, but... which one. "That title I'm afraid, belongs to my sister. Goodbye Alphonse"

"EVANORA!" I went to try to follow them but once again I felt that pull and the word was zipping past, the sounds of Alphonse yelling slowly disappearing. When it finally stopped I was standing in yet another room. I could see draak sitting on the floor, his eyes still pure black, and his veins still blackened around them. He was staring unblinkingly in front of him. I sat beside him and looked only to find A laughing and smiling with his mother. His image changed and soon A looked like Virgil. I turned back to see an Adult Draak sitting beside me looking like death itself. What ever he was doing was draining him.

"She never accepted me. I knew that. Virgil was happy regardless that was all that mattered but..." He looked over at me and I gasped. He was bruised and battered. I tensed up in rage. "She was only happy as long as I never showed up."

"What about your father he..."

"He was no better. He hated A. He would never admit it but he threw me into all that training just so A never had time for himself. Virgil was not happy there at all. This was better for him."

"How can you say something like that?" He looked at me and smiled.

"Because this doesn't last. If Virgil had stayed with his father, he would have died."

"There is no..."

"Evanora tried to kill Alphonse many times. She even tried to kill me a few times as well. She learned pretty quick that without me Virgil would die so she stopped trying. She does love her son after all, no matter how twisted she is."

"That doesn't mean that Virgil..."

"HOWEVER... If she couldn't save him, she would save his soul." His... soul? What does that mean?

You'll see.